Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They told my son who I am...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I haven't posted an update because it has been a whirlwind here.  The day before my son graduated from high school his adoptive parents told him who I was.  The planned to tell him the day of but thought better of it.  I was hoping they would have waited till a few weeks after at least but it was not my decision.  Anyway he was told while at a dinner with just him and his parents.  They told him that I was young when I had him and I knew that he would have a better home with them.  They said I loved him very much.  The parents told me that he was a little upset and left during the meal.  They called me after he left and told me that he didn't take it so well.  I told them I wasn't shocked and that he deserved to know a lot sooner or at least a few days after his graduation.

Anyway I did go to his graduation but I did not go to the party after even though I was invited.  I felt he needed some time and seeing me might just hurt him more.  

He has called me twice.  The first time he called was the day after his graduation.  He thanked me for going and said that he would call when he could.  He had questions.  He wanted to just "cool off" before he saw or talked to me again.  The second time he called he was a bit better sounding.  He asked to come to my house this weekend and talk to me and my husband.  So he will be coming over on Sunday.  I just want to reach out and hug him but I know he is angry with me.  I just hope I can help him understand why I did what I did.  I was 14 years old, I couldn't have raised him.  But I love him more than anything.  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShaniahsMama
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Back story? Please?

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 29, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Good luck. Hope all goes well.

stressedmama24
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:46 PM
You did what was best for him. Hopefully he will understand that and y'all have a good relationship later on down the road.
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Good luck.

I'm with a PP though.. Back story? I missed the 1st post.
M0M0F03
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I wondered how he made out. Poor kid. I hope he comes around to it all. Just be patient, sounds like you are handling it well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I had baby when I was 14 years old.  He was adopted by family friends and we have remained in each others lives.  I have gone to all of his bdays and other events in his life too.  His adoptive parents decided to tell him that not only was he adopted, which I think he kind of knew to begin with and that I was his birth mother.  They figured that once he knew he was adopted he would want to know.  His bio father has never had anything to do with him other than a picture here or there.

Quoting ShaniahsMama:

Back story? Please?

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:48 PM

i hope y'all are able to have some sort of relationship now.  i can't imagine what you must have went through to make the decision to give him up.

good luck!!

cmabbott
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Good luck Momma!  You did a selfless thing.  I hope he understands.  

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I hope things work out ok for you two!

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Hugs momma. I'm a birth mom too, it can be heart wrenching.

Do you mind me asking why they waited so long to tell him? And have you had a relationship all these years without him knowing who you are?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)