Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i let them attend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
My older kids r in highschool. The last day of class is june 10th. Then its testing week and they only show up when they have a test scheduled. June 26th is report card pickup day. They were suppose to have the 24th and 25th off. But due to sandy they decided kids have to show up the 24th and 25th. However my youngest dd graduates the 5th grade on the 24th. Should I let them attend the graduation?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:06 PM
If there's no testing going on I don't see why they would 'have' to attend the last days. So yes, they go support their sibling.
Jessica45
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM

As long as they aren't going to be missing any tests or finals I'd let them go.  I doubt that they'll miss out anything that will seriously affect there grades.  They should be there support their sibling and share in her special moment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I would take them out of school just for the time it takes to graduate. And they should show up to the last day of school unless you're suee there are no consequesnces for not attending. My sister is in highschool and if they don't show up to the last day of school then they have to go to summer school for a week. Unless they have a doctors note saying they are sick

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM
I'd take them to the graduation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 1:26 PM
There r no consequences for missing the day except an absence which they both have good attendance records. The last day of actual class is the 10th. Final grades have to be in before the 24th. The only reason they are even making it a schoolday is cause of the 5 missed days due to sandy. They each have tests but only during the testing week. I can't take them out before the ceremony because the ceremony goes from 9:15 to11:30. Even if they went to school after the ceremony it takes an hour to get to school. Well my dd is an hour and my ds is closer to 45 minutes. They would get just 2 hours of school time in

Quoting Anonymous:

I would take them out of school just for the time it takes to graduate. And they should show up to the last day of school unless you're suee there are no consequesnces for not attending. My sister is in highschool and if they don't show up to the last day of school then they have to go to summer school for a week. Unless they have a doctors note saying they are sick

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)