Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you had weight loss surgery? Would you consider it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

Hey guys so my friend is going to have the sleeve gastrectomy surgery. I looked it up and it says it takes out 85% of your stomach. Wow! It doesn't have the vitamin malabsorption like the RNY when I was reading about it. Both sound like good surgeries though! Apparently a lot of people lose like 70% of their extra weight or more! I am wondering how she is going to do with it! She seems pretty committed tbh. Already eating right and whatnot. Says she gets hungry all the time and fights it constantly and supposedly she won't be as hungry after the surgery because they remove most of the grehlin. That is the hunger hormone in part of your stomach. Apparently it is still produced in other parts of the body in smaller amounts. Hmmm.

Have you had wls? If so, how did you do? Anyone have the sleeve gastrectomy? If not, which surgery did you have and are you happy with it?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 3:03 PM
No, I haven't had it and I wouldn't consider it unless under extreme circumstances. I'm doing it the good old fashioned way through lifestyle change.
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM

No and No..

Diet and exercise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)