Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you get mad about something like this??? Edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Ok so last night my friend on fb wrote something tha basically started an online war. Apparently there is this little boy in the area that is very sick (I have no clue what is wrong or really anything about this boy since I've never seen anything about him) anyway It seems the parents started a fb just for hem to post about his recovery. My friend got upset because she posts that her friends like where this mother is describing how this boy vomits o poops on himself and other things that the world really doesn't need to know. Well some of her friends exploded and started yelling about how he is heartless and how she doesn't care about what that boy is going through. Which is completely untrue she is a mother nd can understand how hard it must be on the parents she just feels it is disrespectful to the boy to write about every time he messes himself. I completely agree with her. But other people got very upset. My friend's sister's mil threatened to beat both my friend and her sister up the next time she sees them. So would you be mad if someone wrote a post about how some details should be left private?

edit: ok some of you don't quiet understand what I'm asking so let me try to explain better. I'm not saying what she wrote was right I never would have wrote something like that because I just don't say things like that. I'm asking you all if you would have often upset and bitched her out calling her heartless if she wrote that some details should remain private. Now in her post she didnt really explain her thoughts very well it did come off a bit offensive but to anyone who knows her then they would know she really didnt mean it that way. I hope I was able to explain it better.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Bump

ttriddick
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:18 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't understand why she had to say anything. No one is forcing her to read them. But I also wouldn't threaten to beat someone up over it either. That's childish.

The mom lives every minute for/with that child. So I'd say your friend was way out of line.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Quoting ttriddick:

I don't understand why she had to say anything. No one is forcing her to read them. But I also wouldn't threaten to beat someone up over it either. That's childish.

The mom lives every minute for/with that child. So I'd say your friend was way out of line.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I would be pissed. I can post whatever I like, whether you disagree with it or not. You can hide my posts if you don't like it. (You in general)

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I would have stayed out of all if it completely.

cmeinthelite29
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I'd just hide the posts if I had a problem with it.  Just like I hide all friends who post about God and Abortions.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:22 PM
This

Quoting ttriddick:

susan115
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:24 PM

If your friend didn't like what this other woman was posting...just ignore it.  Just because you don't like doesn't mean it's wrong.  Let it go.

crysiann
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I think so much about face book is inappropriate. That is why I have decided to not have one. Just like this, its a waste of time and energy. There is so much that should be kept private, so, yes, I completely agree with you, that is disrespectful to that poor little boy.

Megan11587
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:29 PM
I think those posts probably crossed a line, but your friend shoukd have kept quiet
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)