Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena...Good or bad? HELP!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 20 Replies
I just finished seeing my gyno. She wants me to do the Mirena implant. I have heard its good. I have heard its awful. Who has had Mirena and did it work out for you? My mother thinks its bad news because of the advertisements from lawyers pitching to join a lawsuit. I told her I'm not letting money greedy lawyers dictate if I go ahead with the IUD. I want more information, I want your opinions/ experience. Will anyone help??
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BekahBrownEyes
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:35 PM
BUMP
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I've had mine for 4 years. no issues except my hair thinned out some, which is ok with me because it was super thick.
lifeglow
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM
i would bump but im mobile. im interested in what others have to say..
j3st3r

I have mirena.  Very short periods.  Somewhat painful insertion.  No problems of it dislodging or puncturing anything.  No babies, either :-)

weezer_cookie
I love Paraguard. It is the copper IUD with no hormones. I've had nothing but a good experience. I do not want artificial hormones on my body. They make me a crazy bitch and gain weight. I'm glad I'm off the shot. It was terrible!!
mommy9518
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I'm curious to. I will have mine inserted in 3weeks. I had lots of questions about the commercials. My dr told me she's only ever had one patient where it had fallen out and the only time it can go through your uterine wall is when it is inserted. Other then that I'm hoping it works for me for the next yr until I can get my tubes tied.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM
How long have you been on it. And this may be tmi but do you use any other type of protection or does your dh/so finish in you?

Quoting j3st3r:

I have mirena.  Very short periods.  Somewhat painful insertion.  No problems of it dislodging or puncturing anything.  No babies, either :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I have the paragard. I don't like hormonal birth control. You get heavier periods and cramping with it compared to mirena but you don't get the weight gain, craziness and low sex drive that come with synthetic hormones. Plus it lasts 10 years compared to 5.

newmom121812
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:42 PM
i like mine. not very painful insertion. very light spoting that is slowing down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzie_ann
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I recently got mine out last week (we want to have another baby!!) after several years of no major problems. I still had a slight period every month but it wasn't that bad. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)