Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for SAHMs with husbands who work nights

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:39 PM
  • 20 Replies
I am looking for other SAHMs that have SOs who work the graveyard shift. My husband has worked nights for over a year now and I still haven't gotten adjusted yet as far as housecleaning and such goes without disturbing sleep lol. I have searched other groups but none are very active.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrsangeltoes
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Aw man I guess I'm alone in this lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 1:48 PM
My husband did before he went on medical leave. He will go back to graveyard soon. It took less than 6months to get use to it. It took our kids longer.
Mrsangeltoes
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:50 PM
You can pm me if you want. Would love to talk more. I haven't met anyone else who have night shift hubbies

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband did before he went on medical leave. He will go back to graveyard soon. It took less than 6months to get use to it. It took our kids longer.

VannaMae307
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM

When mine did, I didn't adjust anything, I slept at night when he was gone, and did everything during the day while he was asleep. He can sleep through the vaccuuming and stuff, as long as I'm not making loud noises and moving furniture or something like that...nothing had to be stopped. I had to be a little bit careful with dishes, the clanking around would wake him up if it got excessive.

At first, he didn't want me to do it while he slept but after a while he said "screw it" and slept well enough through it because he was so tired. That's just what had to be done.

mrsherron
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Dh works nights but he sleeps so heavy nothing bothers him lol. I've done the vacuuming and everything and he never even turns over.
-_-
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:53 PM
What can you not do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by ThePonds on May. 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM

i have always cleaned at night after the kids are in bed. minus the kitchen which got tidied up after every meal.

raye-chan
by Raye on May. 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Hubby works 10 pm to 7 am. I try to sleep at night but sometimes it's not really possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Mine sleeps 9-5. He gets up for dinner and family time.
Mrsangeltoes
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:56 PM
My kids are 5 and 2 and are louder then anything. I keep them downstairs or outside a lot because he claims that when the kids are loud he sleeps bad. As soon as I start vacuuming he wakes up. I just tried to clean the master bathroom and I heard him coughing. I can't ever get anything done. And things that are brought out from our bedroom tend to sit in a bag outside the door because I can't just go in the room while he sleeps. It's just aggravating. He has a room downstairs that he claims as him man cave and its furthest from the living area and I keep trying to convince him to get a futon or put a bed down there but he won't. Then wakes up everyday complaining of how me and the kids make too much noise.

Quoting VannaMae307:

When mine did, I didn't adjust anything, I slept at night when he was gone, and did everything during the day while he was asleep. He can sleep through the vaccuuming and stuff, as long as I'm not making loud noises and moving furniture or something like that...nothing had to be stopped. I had to be a little bit careful with dishes, the clanking around would wake him up if it got excessive.

At first, he didn't want me to do it while he slept but after a while he said "screw it" and slept well enough through it because he was so tired. That's just what had to be done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)