Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

yep...im a POS...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

i just told my kids that they cant play outside JUST because i dont want to deal with the neighbor kid...i feel like a total POS. But this kid totally lacks in manners. she constantly asks for candy and snacks (even after having a snack, or even after being told no), challenges my authority on things, takes the kids bikes or scooters and will tell them she she should have it because is "the guest", etc.

we had a large craft party with 25 kids last thursday and we have had an event every single weekend since april and wont have a free one until july. today is the first day that i have nothing scheduled until taekwondo later. I want to work on cleaning up my nasty house and taking out all the summer clothes and putting away the winter clothes. my kids are only 7 and 4 and we will close to a busy main street, so i dont let them play out front without me. 

so, yes. even though my kids wanted to play, i said no. we all need to work on cleaning. mostly because i just did not want to deal with the constant bickering, bossiness, and lack of manners from this kid. she is currently sitting out in the street of the cul-de-sac by herself. i feel guilty, but not enough to change my mind. 

bash away. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 2:04 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 2:07 PM
There's one kid that I won't let into my home... Another set of kids that I refuse to do anything for. I don't blame you.... I'm actually happy that ds is grounded this week so I don't have to deal with those kids
Mrsangeltoes
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Have you talked to her mom about all this ? I would just flat out tell her no to shit. I had to do that to the neighbor kids who came over from across the hall. They would get in my fridge and steal things. They would leave the apartment trashed then when my son would go over to play they wouldn't let him leave until he cleaned his mess
ashley9603
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I dont see why you would be bashed....however I would be calling out her parents and letting them know what is going on.I cant stand kids like that,that just expect you to let them play with your stuff and eat your food.

xtina8817
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Were you the lady with the neighbor kid that always wanted gum?? Lol it sounds like the same littlegirl
delilahsmom1177
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I don't let DD play with the little girl next door. She is rude, not watched at all . I am expected to watch her and her not even 2 year old nephew when I am not asked. She comes over and her nephew follows. She does NOT listen and tries to get DD to be sneaky. HOWEVER the little girl in the back she is awesome and so is her mommy. I had an issue with them a few months ago stealing cable and being rude and loud... I found out mom was on vaca and thought she could leave her 19 and 22 year olds home with her 12 year old brother and 5 year sister. She apologized up down and sideways. SHe even wanted to give my mom money for the cable even though it was just for 2 days. 

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM

A kid like that would never be welcomed to play around my kids at home or outside my house. Bad friends rub off. It's biblical: Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and you become wise, but the companion of fools fares badly.

Wicked.Jester
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Why do you have to be involved in them playing outside?  Just don't let her in your house.  Tell your kids they don't have to give up their bikes if they don't want to, and let them go play.

Osstie
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I am in the exact same situation. My neighbor's 4 year old is a spawn of satan and I close the curtains when he's outside! I just don't want to deal with him sometimes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 2:21 PM

You can bash me as well because I just got back from taking my 3 kids to my child's 1yr old check and lunch and I am so worn out just from that because I hardly got any sleep last night from dealing with my 5week old so yeah I'm not taking my 5yr old outside either:(  Bash away I am a lazy parent who had her kids to close together and had to many kids and therefore I can't handle being a mom Lol!!!  And feel free to bash on how dumb I must be because I suck at grammar.  I have more but that is good for now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN