Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How could she?!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:49 PM
  • 35 Replies
I just opened a picture message from my step mom. At first I didn't believe it I couldn't... I can't believe she would betray me like this. She just ripped my heart and desire right out of me and she don't even realize it..

Little back story : my daughter turns two is September I am already planning the Sophia the first themed party and making her a Sophia the first inspired dress. She has already tried the dress on my step mom said she loved it! But yet I'm sitting her starring at the picture of a Sophia the first play dress my mom bought from a Disney store. Utter betrayal.... She undermined me is such a way I don't know what to do or say to her.. I don't want to seem ungrateful but how could anyone who is supposed to love you go behind your back and steal your every desire right ou of you..

I may seem a bit dramatic but you don't understand how much making things for my daughter means to me. For all I know I could leave for bootcamp before her birthday and I want my daughter to wear my dress on her birthday.. So I'm sitting here stomach in a twist starring at her picture and my dress feeling disowned and betrayed.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:50 PM

just because she bought it doesn't mean DD can't wear the dress you made to the party

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM
So make yours and she can have two.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM

More info?

crysiann
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Tell her right away how you feel. Be respectful, but, this is your child, and you have the right to have things how you want it for her birthday.

MamaSwan001
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM
The thing is she bought the dress to replace mine.. She doesn't want me to finish mine. She rather her wear the Disney dress she bought..

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

just because she bought it doesn't mean DD can't wear the dress you made to the party

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on May. 29, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I'm confused.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Why can't she have more than one play dress?  You seem very drama mama to me!

MamaSwan001
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:55 PM
It's almost done its not that I'm mad at the fact she bought the dress I'm upset because she bought the dress to replace mine so that I would stop making mine.. Like mine isn't good enough or something

Quoting outtamymynd:

So make yours and she can have two.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:56 PM

did she tell you that or are you assuming?

Perhaps she thought she was trying to be helpful, you mentioned bootcamp at any time. Perhaps she doesn't realize how important it is to you?

Quoting MamaSwan001:

The thing is she bought the dress to replace mine.. She doesn't want me to finish mine. She rather her wear the Disney dress she bought..

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

KylesWifey
by Go HAWKS!!!! on May. 29, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Who cares what she wants its your dd!!!!

Quoting MamaSwan001:

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)