Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It feels so wrong

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:32 PM
  • 22 Replies
To just sit here surfing the net while the cleaning ladies clean all around me. I'm being nice and said hello to them when they came in and when they need to clean the room I'm in I leave so they can but it still just feels so wrong and its why I like it when they come when we aren't here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Oh. Okay.
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

It feels great when I sit and watch my husband do it..

cupcake_mom
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I think i would feel compelled to help lol. I know how you feel. When my df isdoing dishes i feel like i should be cleaning but its all done during the day. (im a sahm)
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on May. 29, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I know what you mean. My mum has a cleaning lady who's a friend of the family. I feel like I'm being an entitled B watching someone else clean around me. I have to resist the urge to offer to help her.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:36 PM
That's exactly it, I think oh I could do XYZ and then I think well no that's their job.

Quoting cupcake_mom:

I think i would feel compelled to help lol. I know how you feel. When my df isdoing dishes i feel like i should be cleaning but its all done during the day. (im a sahm)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Lol yeah totally different scenario and I feel the same way. When I see him loading the dishwasher I think to myself now how do I get him to clean out the litter box and take the trash out too?

Quoting KristenFowles:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danapopcorn
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I always help them, offer them a drink, something. Feels awkward just to set there lol

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on May. 29, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL same here.

Quoting KristenFowles:

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Didn't even think about offering them a drink, good idea and then I think I'll go outside and sit on the swing so I'm out of their way and I don't feel so awkward.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

I always help them, offer them a drink, something. Feels awkward just to set there lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM

i feel that way when the janitor vacuums my office when i am still here - i have nothing to feel bad about - i didnt hire him,   i didnt chose that for him,    he doesnt mind at all but onsome level i have guilt - like i was raised that if i CAN do it myself = then i should ... but it passes quickly (the guilt)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)