Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This will be no vacation

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM
  • 24 Replies

I have been a SAHM for over 2 years now, and have had no breaks. I love it but have recently become very overwhelmed, tired, stressed and sad. I need a reset. My husband is taking me to the beach for a week, and i feel bad saying it, but it wont be a real relaxing vacation because our son is coming with us. While i am happy for this, our first family get away, it will be battling a 2 year old, smack dab in the middle of the awful terrible two's. It will be a different background for the same crap. I am doing my best to keep a good attitude about this, i know we will have some fun, and make some great memories, but dammit! Im feeling selfish and just want a damn day, or two, or ten to myself.

Have you had a vacation away from your kid(s)?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on May. 29, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Bumping my so sad story

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Nope. Never. To me vacation is all about family. I would feel very weird going without him.
ssocalgirl6
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Can't hubby take over the kid duties while you are there. I love when my husband is around, he completely takes over.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 2:40 PM
I haven't had 30 minutes away from my kids in over 2 years.
Mommy2b2many
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I had a weekend getaway when my kids were 5months; and another when they were 9months. But I'm sure that won't be happening again anytime soon. I hope you enjoy your beach vacation!!!

PEEK05
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Nope, don't want one.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM

We sure have. Dh and I have been to Vegas and cruises and a few weekend getaways together.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 29, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I haven't had 30 minutes away from my kids in over 2 years.

How sad : (

ssocalgirl6
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:42 PM
We went to Hawaii with out our oldest when she was 2. We have also done multiple weekends.
umm.yeah
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I did when my kids were 9 and 11 - I took DH away for a long weekend for his 40th birthday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)