Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think bowling shoes are a scam.

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  • 13 Replies

There's no reason for them.

Sure, I understand making a rule that shoes that leave black scuff marks aren't allowed...like an indoor gym... It's the same floor as an indoor basketball court, and you're not supposed to walk on the slippery part anyways.

The employees all wear tennis shoes and they're walking all over.

It's just a way to charge an extra $4 a person...

by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 3:49 PM
3 moms liked this

It's a deeper conspiracy than that, OP. I worked in a bowling alley and I saw what goes on there. Those aren't disinfectants they spray into the rental shoes, they are mind altering drugs made to keep the wearers passive. We flashed subliminal messages onto the scoreboard screens at regular intervals with political messages like "War is Peace" on them. 

LectioDivina
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I would make the most awesome documentary in existence.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a deeper conspiracy than that, OP. I worked in a bowling alley and I saw what goes on there. Those aren't disinfectants they spray into the rental shoes, they are mind altering drugs made to keep the wearers passive. We flashed subliminal messages onto the scoreboard screens at regular intervals with political messages like "War is Peace" on them. 

taramac
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I owns pair of bowling shoes so no rental fee for me! Plus mine are a really cute purple pair!
LectioDivina
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Quoting taramac:

I owns pair of bowling shoes so no rental fee for me! Plus mine are a really cute purple pair!

lol how often do you bowl? How much were they?

taramac
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Not as often as I would like maybe like once every three months. I got them before I had kids so hubby and I had a lot more free time! I think when I got them they were around $40.

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting taramac:

lol how often do you bowl? How much were they?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 5:08 PM
I can back this. I worked at a bowling alley snack bar in high school.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Lol I always wondered that... I hate bowling shoes; they make me fall

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 5:10 PM

And don't drink the beer. Genetically modified hops.

PestPatti
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:16 PM

My bowling shoes are 29 years old.  Love them.    Bowling shoes make you glide as opposed to sticking.

inked_mommy07
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Actually Bowling shoes are not a scam..Your normal shoes can end up making you fall because there is no slide on them..Employees walk normally onto a lane and are actually rarely on the aproach..It is more of  a safety feature rather then because of scuff marks...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)