Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its not you - its just my period!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I just had another fight with dh. We haven't been getting along since monday. Anyway his dd called and wanted to come over. Fine with me but then I find out she is bringing her bf with her. I don't like this guy. I have heard nothing but bad things about him and he makes me uncomfortable. We have a beautiful pool and huge deck. Its really nice. I paid for all of it. Just me, no help from dh. So I told dh that I am not spending the summer with this guy. His dd and gd can come over anytime but I don't want her bringing him with her. If we are having a party then thats fine - bring him. That is how things were with my dd and her bf last summer. Dh didn't want him around. So dh gets all pissed off at me cause god forbid I say something about his dd bf. Last I heard, dh didn't like the guy either but I'm not allowed to say anything. I don't think we should have to provide a summer resort for this guy. I think since I live here too and have paid for these items that I should be able to have some kind of say on what goes on here. His dd can spend all the time she wants with this guy at her place but I don't think I should have to spend time with him. BTW, they have only been going out a couple months. So dh yells at me that he can't wait for me to get off the rag! Really, thats what is wrong here? My period? How about some support for your wifes feelings. After all, I'm the one who lives here and that is exactly how you wanted things with my dd bf last year! UGHH!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Maybe he's worried he won't see her as often because of it?
Why does he make you uncomfortable? Maybe you just need to get to know him?
SJG1013
by SJG on May. 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Why don't you bring up the fact about your daughter. Not nice to treat one kid one way and one a different way blood or not.
mommyinthe303
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Oh here we go because I feel the same way with my daughters boyfriend so they don't even come over. I don't know much about him and my daughter did allow us too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM

He will see her, she will be here all summer because of the pool. He makes me uncomfortable because of all I have heard about him from dh dd and my dd. He cheats on her constantly and he is just sleezy. He came over here one day with dd supposedly to help dh with some yardwork. I thought that was nice until he got here and then wouldn't help cause he didn't want to get dirty. He just sat in a chair and watched them work. Don't agree to come help and then just sit there cause your afraid to get dirty. Dh offered some clothes to change into but he still said no. Not a real good impression.

Quoting RissyLee:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I did bring it up but he doesn't care . The rules are always different when its one of HIS kids.

Quoting SJG1013:

Why don't you bring up the fact about your daughter. Not nice to treat one kid one way and one a different way blood or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Does she come to see you without him? 

Quoting mommyinthe303:

Oh here we go because I feel the same way with my daughters boyfriend so they don't even come over. I don't know much about him and my daughter did allow us too.

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:11 PM
That does leave a bad impression. I can understand not wanting him around all the time. Maybe allow him over on occasions? Certainly not ever day, or even every week. I would definitely talk calmly about this to your dh, and mention how he felt the same about your dd.

Quoting Anonymous:

He will see her, she will be here all summer because of the pool. He makes me uncomfortable because of all I have heard about him from dh dd and my dd. He cheats on her constantly and he is just sleezy. He came over here one day with dd supposedly to help dh with some yardwork. I thought that was nice until he got here and then wouldn't help cause he didn't want to get dirty. He just sat in a chair and watched them work. Don't agree to come help and then just sit there cause your afraid to get dirty. Dh offered some clothes to change into but he still said no. Not a real good impression.

Quoting RissyLee:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I told that if we were having a party or its a holiday then thats fine to bring him, I just don't want him hanging out here all summer. I think thats reasonable. I just hate the way he blames everything on my period. I tried to talk calmly but as soon as anything pertaining to his kids is mentioned, he just gets all fired up. Its ridiculous.

Thanks for understanding, it means alot. 

Quoting RissyLee:

That does leave a bad impression. I can understand not wanting him around all the time. Maybe allow him over on occasions? Certainly not ever day, or even every week. I would definitely talk calmly about this to your dh, and mention how he felt the same about your dd.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RissyLee:

Kerannmer
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM
I don't blame you. I wouldn't want a skeezy creep hanging out around my pool, making me feel uncomfortable, all summer either. And I hate when men throw menstration in our faces. Weak.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 4:35 PM

This situation is specifically I do not think I could marry a man with children from a prior marriage.

I would let her bring him with her and maybe your dh will see the light and see actually how sleezy he is.  I had to do this when my dd was dating a guy in high school that I could not stand.  My dh liked him and I did not.  Eventually after a few times of him coming over his true colors came out and my dd ended up breaking up with him on her own.  Other than that I do not have any other advice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)