Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just got told off by Peeping Tom's mommy

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 113 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm staying at my aunts for a little while so we can do some repairs on my house. I just got back from a run, the only people in the house are my aunt, my cousin, my husband, and my son, so I didn't think twice about stripping off my sweaty shirt to throw in the wash, I had a sports bra on underneath. My aunt asked me to go get the mail, she lives in a pretty secluded place, neighbors can't see her driveway, so I walked out in my sports bra and shorts to go get the mail. On my way back up I heard something in the bushes, looked over and theres this kid, about 12, taking pictures of me with a cell phone camera. He was a mess when he realized that he was found, he said that it was stupid and he shouldn't have done it, he was cutting through the yard to walk home and he saw me and thought I was pretty (trying to flatter me so I wouldn't get mad I suppose) and wanted to take pictures to show his friends, he was practically crying, so I just calmly told him to just delete them and that he shouldn't do things like that or someone not as nice might call the police or go get their husband, I offered to get him a glass of water to calm down since he was so hysterical, he said he was fine, so I sent him off. I didn't think it was a big deal, I'm wearing a pretty covering sports bra, I have pretty small breasts so nothing was hanging out, I have a small frame and build, so he didn't see anything revealing. His mom just showed up at my door spitting mad, asking why I was prancing around in my underwear outside giving the neighborhood boys a show. Turns out there was one picture the kid didn't delete and she caught him showing his friends. I explained the situation, that I didn't mean for him to see me, I was in my aunts yard, and that he would see more if he went to the beach and saw girls in their bikinis, but she was still pissed. She also complained that I had "yelled" at him (even though I never raised my voice) and that he is only a child and I shouldn't threaten him with police. Its this "my kid is an angel who can't do wrong" attitude that I can't stand, getting pissed at others when your kid does something wrong, no wonder so many kids think they can do whatever they want.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM
19 moms liked this
id call the police and press charges on him for the pictures and for trespassing. just to prove a point to him and to his "mommy". id eventually drop the charges, but he should get a good scare out of this. if he learns taking pics without permission has no consequences now, imagine what happens to the first girl he sleeps with. can anyone say hidden camera. remember the movie "carrie". im just saying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 3:59 PM
3 moms liked this
Omg! Overreaction! He was walking home, not there as a peeping tom. You were outside in your bra....technically indecent exposure. Don't go outside in your bra and you wont have any problems.And to the pp who said call the police....that's asinine. You were the one out in the open inappropriately dressed. He didn't break any laws, you did.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 4:01 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

id call the police and press charges on him for the pictures and for trespassing. just to prove a point to him and to his "mommy". id eventually drop the charges, but he should get a good scare out of this. if he learns taking pics without permission has no consequences now, imagine what happens to the first girl he sleeps with. can anyone say hidden camera. remember the movie "carrie". im just saying.

I would do the same thing, now.

I would have started out doing what OP did, then when mommy dearest decided to be bitch....its on. Just a kid?!!? hes 12! he knows better! He was trespassing on private property and being a little perv. Hell no!

lenashark
by Emerald Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM
10 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg! Overreaction! He was walking home, not there as a peeping tom. You were outside in your bra....technically indecent exposure. Don't go outside in your bra and you wont have any problems.And to the pp who said call the police....that's asinine. You were the one out in the open inappropriately dressed. He didn't break any laws, you did.

I didn't break any laws, you're the one over reacting. I was wearing a sports bra, its not illegal or indecent exposure to be outside in a sports bra, people go jogging in their sports bras all the time genius, its just a tight shirt thats cut off at the stomach. You can be in your own yard topless if you want and no one can say anything. He was hiding in a bush taking pictures of me, thats being a peeping tom, if he was just walking home he would have just kept walking.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Personally I'd have taken my kids phone. 

Many woman just wear their sports bra when working out. It's not a big deal. you handled it right. You recognized that the boy was, well, being a boy. Asked him to delete them and sent him on his way.

The mom, should maybe teach her kids some manners.

smurfbitebug
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this, actually. Normally I would never say to press charges just to drop them but if she isn't going to teach that boy, someone should. And putting him in front of a judge just might do it. Most judges will talk to a kid if you let them know, hey.. I'm dropping charges but he needed to be in front of you, someone needs to speak to him. But of course, it isn't your responsibility. So it's completely up to you. But if it were me I would seriously consider this.

Quoting Anonymous:

autodidact
by Snarknado on May. 29, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

paragraphs are your friend. 

crazysheep
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Personally I'd have taken my kids phone. 

Many woman just wear their sports bra when working out. It's not a big deal. you handled it right. You recognized that the boy was, well, being a boy. Asked him to delete them and sent him on his way.

The mom, should maybe teach her kids some manners.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM

So I must live in a county of unappropriate dressers. It is not uncommon for people to leave their yard and go running in shorts and sport bra. Or work out (in a public gym) in the same atire. When I am walking to my house, I am generally not hiding in bushes.

Quoting Anonymous:

lenashark
by Emerald Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

This is what a sports bra looks like http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/22400000/Emma-Watson-Bares-Midriff-in-Sports-Bra-harry-potter-22472639-816-1222.jpg And yes, thats emma watson, outside in a sports bra, someone call the police.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)