Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a limit in age difference for your child's boy/girl friend?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 19 Replies
Yesterday I found out my 14 year olds boyfriend is 16 I knew he was older Because he's a sophomore and she's a freshman I was thinking a year. Well she's a young freshman she started the year at 13 because her birthday is at the end of November right before the cut off. His birthday is December right after the cut off. So she turned 14 in November and he turned 16 in December. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm not going to forbid it or anything they are not going out alone and I'm pretty sure he doesn't drive since he called his mom to pick him up from school lastnight. Not to
Mention if he did drive we would still drive our daughter to and from where ever they would be with a group of friends.
Any how I was wondering if anyone else has an age limit like in the same grade a year older ect...

Also before anyone says "my daughter won't have a boyfriend at 14" a lot of my daughters friends are not allowed to have a boy friend and they do their parents just don't know you know who does know? Me because my daughter talks to me she sent me a text when the boy asked her out she tells me about her friends and their boy friends. I'm sure there are things she doesn't tell me but for the most part she is very open with me and knows the trust she has can be lost at any time if she makes the wrong choices.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I have not crossed that bridge yet because ds is seven, but his dad is eight years older then I am so we would be hypocritical to say that he couldnt date someone with an age gap
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Well, mine won't be dating at all, but when it comes time they want to marry, age is up to them.
I would prefer DD marry someone older than her because older usually means more financially stable!
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Well as a teen that's creepy either it's a much older woman like an adult (eww) or a preteen girl (double eww) as an adult age doesn't matter as much as long as both parties are adults.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I have not crossed that bridge yet because ds is seven, but his dad is eight years older then I am so we would be hypocritical to say that he couldnt date someone with an age gap
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Uh huh.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, mine won't be dating at all, but when it comes time they want to marry, age is up to them.

I would prefer DD marry someone older than her because older usually means more financially stable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2b2many
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I would say they both need to be in the same grade range. So both in highschool or middle school. And they both have to be underage... unless maybe if there was a year difference and they had been dating awhile when one turned 18.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM

They won't be allowed boyfriends/girlfriends so it's non-issue in my home

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Not really... Although I have been stressing the importance of him being 18 now and what it means when the girl is not.  But he's seeing someone who is the same age, so... 

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:00 PM
That seems reasonable. I told hubs I'm freaking out and he said "it's not like it will Last long" I told him never say never babe we met in 9th grade and look at us now!

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

I would say they both need to be in the same grade range. So both in highschool or middle school. And they both have to be underage... unless maybe if there was a year difference and they had been dating awhile when one turned 18.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmt_771
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:01 PM

2 years is our age limit.

kattcooper
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I dont necessarily think an age should matter, its more the maturity level of both parties in the relationship! I was way more mature for my age than a lot people in my school, I couldnt imagine having to date somebody that acted like a child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)