Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gympact Fraud

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I am trying to spread the word to be extremely cautious about signing up for this company. Out of the 8 people I personally know who signed up for this service, all 8 of them had money in the amounts ranging from $20 to $700 taken out of their bank account and credit card that was not authorized. I am #9 however, I didn't sign up. Someone signed me up without me knowing. They had my email address which was linked to my PayPal account. I found out I was signed up for this because there was a withdrawal in the amount of $50 show up on my PayPal account that then came out of my bank account which then turned my account negative since that account is hardly used and had $40 in it. I am a consultant for a company and I use this bank account for that business, nothing else. Every day that account sat negative there were more overdrawn charges being deducted. The grand total ended up at $260. It pissed me off!

I emailed this company over 40 times, called them but it goes straight to voicemail and never received a response. I had the BBB, my bank and PayPal all investigating this situation and Gympact never returned any of the communications to anyone who was investigating my situation. I had a friend of mine who is an attorney look into this company and found out some pretty scary things. They purposely have an app for phones that doesn't work properly so they can get paid. Disgusting!

The fact that I never received a response from them and tried everything shows how sketchy this company is. If you use them or choose to use them, be careful. If you haven't used them before and decide to sign up, please do not use an email address that is linked to a bank account or PayPal account. They WILL take money out without your authorization.

More than half of those having issues have not had their money returned to them and are not having luck in getting a response from the company. They are completely ignoring anyone who has a problem.

I urge no one to sign up for this company. 

If you don't know what Gympact is, it's an app you downloand on your iPhone/Android device that tracks workouts and pays you for the workouts you commit to but makes you pay when you skip a workout. If you want more info, google it. I barely even know what it is since I didn't sign up for it.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 4:45 PM

BUMP!

Aslen
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Wow.....
DarksMama
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:48 PM

What is it?

blue.chairs
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Is your name Alicia?
Barronbaby
by Brandi on May. 29, 2013 at 4:56 PM
wow. I only use the Noom coach and the free version. never heard of this one though thanks for the info
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2013 at 12:25 PM

No, but that is the name I used on their website. It's not my real name. Are you on their website?

Quoting blue.chairs:

Is your name Alicia?

blue.chairs
by on May. 30, 2013 at 12:47 PM
No. I just googled them because I had never hear of it and found your posts.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, but that is the name I used on their website. It's not my real name. Are you on their website?

Quoting blue.chairs:

Is your name Alicia?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)