Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding Stuff

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:35 PM
  • 39 Replies

DD got engaged last week and we started looking into venues/budget. They want to include kids-and I know this has bothered a few moms here on CM. These places charge "X" for the location and then "X" per person for food/beverage/bar. One place we looked at charged $15-$28 per CHILD ages 3-10. The charge per child depends on menu selection.

I know a lot of you say you wouldn't come if your little ones weren't included, but do you ever think that us poor parents are paying up to $28 for your 5 year old???

Next time this comes up in your lives, consider a sitter PLEASE??? LOL

*********This is just in fun-please don't get all excited with nasty messages********

by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
buttercup627
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree to be honest I think weddings aren't really a child friendly event
Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on May. 29, 2013 at 5:38 PM

This.

Quoting buttercup627:

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:38 PM
I had a kid free wedding. Our reception venue held 100, I wasnt giving up 1/4 of the space to kids
happinessforyou
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:40 PM

That is my opinon- some venues have grand stair cases/balconies/ponds etc.. I could just see some kid flying down the damn stairs... kwim??? lol

Or knocking over the cake-or getting lost in another section of the place... UGH...

Quoting buttercup627:

MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I think weddings, wedding showers, and baby showers aren't child friendly. 

But I also know a lot of people who have children. 

My daughter was my flower girl/ring bearer. 

Then I had 5 other kids, which I had wish I wouldn't have. 

But when I was planning my wedding, the kids were so much more expensive. 

Weddings are expensive. 

But my advice, hit up a lot of bridal shows, you will get a lot of ideas, and find deals and etc. And you can win things for free. 

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Eh; I allowed kids at mine. But I totally understand those who don't. I would have felt guilty not allowing my cousins and nieces and nephews to be a part of our big day.

Have you thought about hiring a caterer rather than taking the menu options of the venue?

happinessforyou
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I have to admit that I am having a problem with paying this much money for little ones who would rather be eating chicken fingers. lol And our budget is not unlimited.....
Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I had a kid free wedding. Our reception venue held 100, I wasnt giving up 1/4 of the space to kids

danie24
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Weddings are personal.

The only people at my wedding were my husband and our children. And our Moms.

I considered a big wedding and if I did it, every child in our immediate family would be invited.
happinessforyou
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM

This might be a moot point-we just started looking at places yesterday/today. Some require you to use their services and others let you bring in outside vendors. This could change in a few weeks-I am just having sticker shock over the prices of things for weddings. We got married almost 30 years ago!

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Eh; I allowed kids at mine. But I totally understand those who don't. I would have felt guilty not allowing my cousins and nieces and nephews to be a part of our big day.

Have you thought about hiring a caterer rather than taking the menu options of the venue?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Weddings aren't really for kids anyway...

Why don't you do a buffet style? Cheaper, so it won't matter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)