Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

was I a judgmental b****?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this
We have had problems with the maintinece people for our apartment complex since we moved in. They rarely fix anything, when they do its half asses, but they also intentionally entered my 63 yr old widowed neighbors apartment without consent (thank good she wasn't home, it was 8am and she doesn't even wake up to 10, they would have given her a heart attack) and "accidentally" did the same to my apartment twice, both when my DH was at work, scaring the shit out of me.

Today a maintenance worker I've never seen (I've meet quite a few through all the BS) showed up at my door (they don't have nametags or anything) and said he was here to bleach the mold. He looked a little shady but I let him in to show him where it was (kids room but they weren't in there). He looked and went out to his car to get the cleaning supplies. I looked out the window and saw hr wasn't even in the big red van they ALWAYS seem to come in. That plus my bad feeling about this guy prompted me to lite and tell him I just spoke to dh and he would prefer if they came when he was home.

I'm probably totally off, but I have learned to never ever ever ignore my intuition. The whole ordeal freaked me out a bit. I have had other maintenance guys here from the same company with dh at work and never thought twice. He just gave me a weird look and left. Wwyd? Was I wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Bump
12crazykids
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I think you did the right thing.  I would never let any maintenance people into my apartment unless the landlord scheduled prior to them showing up and if they don't have any identification (which I would verify) I wouldn't let them in at all.  Definitely follow your intuition.  It's usually right on.

Lunarprancer
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

You did the right thing.

kissesxoxo8882
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I would have reported him

barneysaid
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:05 PM

You did right!!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Yup, this! Anytime we had a maintenance person come, it was "scheduled" (ya know, they'll be there between blahAM and blahPM), and they always had a uniform shirt at least.

Quoting 12crazykids:

I think you did the right thing.  I would never let any maintenance people into my apartment unless the landlord scheduled prior to them showing up and if they don't have any identification (which I would verify) I wouldn't let them in at all.  Definitely follow your intuition.  It's usually right on.

DarksMama
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Always trust your gut with those people. Rarely are they even qualified to make repairs, let alone background checked. I lost jewelry and electronics to those people helping themselves to my apartment while I was at work. Fuckers.

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Not wrong. 100% right thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ihave1
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:08 PM

He would not have came in the first time.  You did the right thing,   

zraunt
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:10 PM
You were right!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)