Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PSA about sex

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok I've seen a million times "Why not just encourage him to wait until he's married" or "You should drill into your kids head to wait until marriage to have sex" Well news flash: Not everyone believes in waiting until you're married to have sex.

If my dd decides to wait, awesome for her! And if she makes that commitment to herself, I will be right there reminding her what she promised to herself, but quite honestly, my job is to TEACH them. Not say "Just wait until you're married! That's the only right way" I will teach my girls about BC methods, and about being VERY choosey about who they sleep with, and I will make sure they know I hope and pray they wait until they're out of school to have sex, but I refuse to force them into abstinence. It's their choice. 

I don't believe in abstinence because 1. I feel like it pressures kids into getting married young, before they're ready (now I know 90% of cafemom will come on here and say "I waited until I was 72 before I got married and had sex!" But honestly that's not the norm. 2. Before I marry someone I want to know everything about them, including a very crucial part of a relationship, such as sex. 

That was a lot longer than I intended, but maybe some of you will think before saying "Why don't you just force her to wait!" 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 6:05 PM
where there's a will, there's a way.

you can't really force anyone to do anything anyway.
whooperz
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:07 PM
I agree with you. You wouldn't buy a car without driving it first lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Hahaha exactly! 

Quoting whooperz:

I agree with you. You wouldn't buy a car without driving it first lol

Bauxite-17
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Yeah, I think its ridiculous to expect kids to wait, just because you say its so.....if kids want to have sex, they're going to do it, whether you want them to or not. NOT teaching them about proper BC is a huge fucking mistake...just simply saying, wait till you're married, is really one of the worst things you can say, because you aren't preparing them for anything. I would rather my child be safe, than hoping to god they don't have sex before they're married.

MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Exactly.

Quoting Bauxite-17:

Yeah, I think its ridiculous to expect kids to wait, just because you say its so.....if kids want to have sex, they're going to do it, whether you want them to or not. NOT teaching them about proper BC is a huge fucking mistake...just simply saying, wait till you're married, is really one of the worst things you can say, because you aren't preparing them for anything. I would rather my child be safe, than hoping to god they don't have sex before they're married.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL like it will be YOUR choice whether or not to be raising your grandkids too, when the BC fails.

EVERY teen thinks they are madly in love..... OR that the guy is madly in love with them.  Then the oh shit babies come.

It IS best to tell them- you SHOULD WAIT- go and lead a life and learn life before the heavy heavy responsibility of babies... and I SURE DO NOT WANT TO RAISE YOUR KID.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Yeah exactly. In school our sex Ed was "Wait until you're married!!" And that was it. They even tried to make us sign abstinence pledges in 7th grade. Like really?!? That's MY choice. Back off.  

Quoting Bauxite-17:

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I don't think you should force them... well you can't force them. But I don't see a problem with encouraging them to wait

happinessforyou
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I think that thinking "EVERYONE IS DOING IT" is also a bad approach as to why people should start a sexual relationship. I really believe that there are a lot of sexually active kids in HS-but most probably are not. The longer they do wait, the better it is for them emotionally, and financially etc..etc..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Just like it will be YOU RAISING YOUR grand kid because all mom ever talked about is how I better wait until marriage, so they have sex behind your back, and become irresponsible about it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL like it will be YOUR choice whether or not to be raising your grandkids too, when the BC fails.

EVERY teen thinks they are madly in love..... OR that the guy is madly in love with them.  Then the oh shit babies come.

It IS best to tell them- you SHOULD WAIT- go and lead a life and learn life before the heavy heavy responsibility of babies... and I SURE DO NOT WANT TO RAISE YOUR KID.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)