Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best MIL Ever! - eta

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:05 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

So my dear SO has been away working for 5 weeks or so and has another two to go. Its about double the time he is normally gone. It's been raining here everyday, my period is coming, just in general its been a blah couple weeks. THe kids and I were upstairs building a fort to watch a movie in, when the doorbell rang. I wasn't expecting anyone, so I got up to answer it, and there was my MIL! They live about 3 hours away. She works for the college in her area so is off now for summer. She said when i talked to her the other day I seemed kind of down adn she wanted to help. So she said, "Pack the kids stuff to last til Sunday night. I'm taking them home with me for the weekend." And on top of that she said, "Go see SO. He got you a plane ticket. You leave tomorrow morning." And then that saint of a woman handed me a bottle of red wine, a bag from the grocery store with some good cheeses in it, including my favorite! So now I get to go see my love even though he will be working during the day, I can sleep in a bit and relax. At night we can go for dinner and other stuff we enjoy doing. Here is my question though, the minute she left, I started thinking what can I do for her now to repay this overly generous favor?

edit: Thanks for all the nice comments adn suggestions, ladies! I wish every last one of you could be in the living room fort drinking wine and eating cheese and watching Melrose Place with me! I'm definitlely leaving this fort up for when the kids get back. That's the only part they were sad about leaving. Haha

by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetmelissa777
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Wow! That is amazing! Enjoy yourself and have fun with your man!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 6:07 PM
That is awesome!!!
Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on May. 29, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwe!!!  I can't get mine to babysit for a freaking 32 hour weekend!

happinessforyou
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM

AWESOME!!!

kzuehlk
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:10 PM
It's so nice to hear about amazing MIL's! Mine is wonderful too.

I have no idea how to repay something like that. Maybe have each of the kids and yourself write a nice letter telling her how great she is and thankher for all she does
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kissesxoxo8882
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:12 PM

that is so sweet what is something she likes to do?

barneysaid
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM

aaww!! That is so nice of your mil!!! Enjoy your time with hubby!! have a nice weekend

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

copy and paste this along with your title ...black out your SN  so you can keep your privacy...and email it to her.An absolute heartfelt expression of gratitude of her thoughtfulness and that you announced to 10,000's of woman how wonderful she is will warm her heart.

Then you and SO brainstorm...

milmomma2006
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM

That is so great!! Having an awesome MIL is amazing, huh?!? As far as paying her back goes, if she's anything like my MIL she will try and refuse anything you give her so get her something she can't return. Send her a nice bouquet of flowers, or take her to lunch and then to get mani/pedis or something like that. Or you could always get her a gift card to her favorite restaurant that's enough for her and your FIL to go out for a nice night. We do all three of things for my in-laws and they always love it!!

Enjoy your time with your SO!!!!

Mrs.Brugger
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:16 PM

THAT IS SO SWEET IM CRYING. IDK what my issue is, but that is freakin AWESOME.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)