Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tattoo newbie.... UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

Are Tattoos painful to get?  Anyone ever get one on the bottom of your foot?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Cost, size, etc.  What is corny, creepy?  I want a cherry and a broken heart.  Because I took my ex's cherry and he just stomped on my heart.  On the bottom of my foot I can squash them it over and over again every step I take.  Plus, it won't show and nobody can see it but me and the lady who does my mani pedi.  Thanks.

UPDATE:

After listening to wise women here, why make a permanent reminder of someone who ditched me.  I called my jeweler and he is going to take my wedding ring, a 2ct center stones and then a baguette cut diamonds on each side, he is going to cut the ring part (platinum) and bend it and cut it and shape the round portion to a heart shape and make a necklace out of it.  I will wear the wedding band that is an eternity band with baguette diamonds on my right hand.  It will cost the same as a tattoo, and be much more attractive and enjoyable to wear.  I am not sure what to do with the other diamonds he has given me over the years, I still wear my diamond earrings, but the larger solitaire I will stuff in the safe deposit box and the other diamond bracelets and necklaces are going to sit with it .  The ruby and emerald rings I wear on a daily basis anyway, same with the blue, pink and green sapphires.  I don't wear the chocolate diamonds, I don't like them. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
madwifa
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM
cute reasoning. lol i found them ouchie for that minute and some the next day.
not sure about the bott of the foot seems too thick to penetrate. I know the top of the foot hurts Alot.
good luck with this
gumbeme06
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Most artists won't touch the bottom of your foot the ink won't stay, and eventually make their work look terrible. I would really rethink getting anything that is going to be a symbol of your ex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 6:20 PM
o.O
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on May. 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I imagine the bottom of your foot would be pretty painful. I doubt anyone would do it. You'd be walking on it, it wouldn't heal properly and no one wants someone to ask "hey where'd you get that shitty tattoo" and have thier name be the answer.

gonecrazi
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I agree. Get something that celebrates you starting over.

Quoting gumbeme06:

Most artists won't touch the bottom of your foot the ink won't stay, and eventually make their work look terrible. I would really rethink getting anything that is going to be a symbol of your ex.

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Interesting idea for a tattoo...

And I don't think tatts are that painful

Kitschy
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I would think that any artist willing to do the bottom of your foot isn't a good enough artist to do work on you. JMO

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 6:23 PM

The tatto artist said he would do it but would not gaurentee it because of the location and the damage to the art.  I told him I didn't care what it looked like serveral years from now, the worse the better.  He laughed and said next Tuesday would be fine.  $50 shop appointment fee plus per hour or area amount.  He said something small could be done in one appointment. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 6:23 PM

If you are so set on putting him in your past... maybe you shouldn't get a tattoo that represents him...

2012Rabbit12
by JoseManuelVargas on May. 29, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I  think it would look cooler on the top of ur foot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)