Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my dh is confusing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
We were TTC baby #2 for about a year and a half but decided to take a break. I had started feeling depressed and we started to argue. (Depression and arguing started before we decided to stop trying.) We decided counseling alone for me and as a couple for us would be good. I've started my counseling but the counselor wants to wait before seeing us both. Since then we've gotten along great and dh says he feels things are slowly getting better. The last couple months I've had such severe cramps that I'm doubled over in pain (only happens with my period). It's the worst pain ever! Earlier this week I announced to dh that I'm going to see my gyno for birth control to help with my horrible periods and because we're not ttc right now. He said to "do whatever I wanted"...he's not big on talking about the gyno to I figured he didn't want details, no biggy. this morning I tell him I have an appointment today. He asks for what and I told him birth control. He asked why? So I explained it would help my periods and because we're not actively ttc. He told me I should cancel my appointment. He told me on 3 occasions to cancel the appointment. I was planning on going but there was a car accident and after being 30 minutes late and no where's near my doctors I called to cancel. He told me not to reschedule. He's also been initiating sex more. (We went from once a week to 2 times already this week). He's also been more touchy lately.

I don't know now if I should get birth control or not? Am I reading too much into it or does it seem like maybe he's changed his mind and doesn't want to take a break from trying?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifeglow
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:47 PM
I think you need to talk to him about this.
lifeglow
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:49 PM
As women we can def read into stuff a lot. I think you two need to sit down and agree on trying not to stress about ttc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 6:51 PM

If only there were some magical way we could communicate our thoughts, questions, and worries to other human beings. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Not to be rude, but maybe he just wants to fuck. Sometimes we get so carried away with trying to concive we take the fun right out of it.

Tatum2U
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:55 PM
If you have to try and read his mind then I would use BC until communication was better
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 29, 2013 at 6:56 PM

what do you mean horrible periods?

menorrhagia?
or just cramping?

Tatum2U
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:56 PM
There is . Its called talking.

Quoting Anonymous:

If only there were some magical way we could communicate our thoughts, questions, and worries to other human beings. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 7:01 PM
The doctors have done ultrasounds and blood work. Everything came back normal. It's happened 3 times, each time my period is a few days late and I get cramps that feel like I'm being cut open along my bikini line. The last 2 times I've had clots the size of my palm. Sorry for the tmi.

Quoting Anonymous:

what do you mean horrible periods?

menorrhagia?
or just cramping?

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:03 PM
It sounds to me like he said he wants to keep trying multiple times without saying the exact words. Is it just me??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Lol I'm fine with having sex. What I was confused about was why he was so persistent that I not go to my appointment for birth control and bot reschedule it. We don't use condoms so I know there's always a chance but I didn't want to take a chance if it isn't something we both 100% want.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not to be rude, but maybe he just wants to fuck. Sometimes we get so carried away with trying to concive we take the fun right out of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)