Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know how single mom's do it - I would be so lost... .. .

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:01 PM
  • 17 Replies

The little 4 year old girl nextdoor came by to visit my boys, 1 & 2 - she's chatty and adorable, I just try to keep up! She asked me where the boys daddy was. I said he's at work until late. She asked my boys if they miss their daddy. They do. All the time, every day - so when she asked, they both looked up at her immediately. 

She told me that she misses her daddy, that he lives in Seattle. When I asked if she sees him, she said that she did once - and she also talked to him on the computer. At first glance, you'd think this little girl had the whole world at her disposal. Hello Kitty EVERYTHING and she usually talks about parties and Monster High. I never knew she was hanging onto that kind of saddness about her daddy. 

by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mdtamika
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:03 PM
7 moms liked this
The better statement: I don't know how a parent cannot be in their child's life
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baileyquarters
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe she's not as sad as you think. No dad is better than an apathetic dad. Maybe her needs are fulfilled at home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM
She has lots of uncle time
liss.n.chris
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Definitely.  I don't understand how some parents can just turn their backs on their kids from the get go.  It's very sad.

Quoting mdtamika:

DBone_Holmes
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:09 PM

That is a better statement, I guess when the little girl said it - my mind went to a dark place and I imagined trying to raise my boys alone. I think my oldest would lay down and die if their daddy ever left and didn't come back. 

Quoting mdtamika:

DBone_Holmes
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I hope so, it was just such a dramatic moment. She was sitting on our porch swing, looking sideways at the floor with her bottom lip out - but she's very expressive. 

Quoting baileyquarters:

Maybe she's not as sad as you think. No dad is better than an apathetic dad. Maybe her needs are fulfilled at home.

BEXi
by BEXi on May. 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Some times it's for the best. I was a single mom for awhile. My childrens biofather is a piece of shit. I wouldve rather been single forever than to still be with him.

Im getting married to my fiance in July, on our 4 year anniversary, so I havent been a single mom for a while.

2nthensome
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM

It is.  My daughter's sperm donor chose not to be in her life.  I raised her by myself for 5 years until I married my husband.  He is so much better than I could have imagined for her and he won't turn his back on her, even though she is not biologically his.

Quoting liss.n.chris:

Definitely.  I don't understand how some parents can just turn their backs on their kids from the get go.  It's very sad.

Quoting mdtamika:

junebaby11
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Just because someone has material things doesn't mean they have everything.
tlcory
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Awwww, I could have been that little girls Mommy 17 years ago, down to her Daddy lives in Seattle! :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)