Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes being an SM sucks.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Just having some difficulty with decisions being made about my ss that I really can't say anything about. I voice my concerns to DH but thats as far as I will go. Most of the time me and BM agree and even when we don't its not a big deal. I'm just concerned about things going on right now and how they are being handled. I see so much potential trouble for all the parties involved and there is nothing I can do about it. Sometimes it sucks being that involved in a childs life but not being able to really have a say. Any other Sms feel this way sometimes?

BTW- I adore my skids and I couldn't imagine my life without them. I also get along most of the time with BM now so the dynamic we have is pretty good most of the time. I just know I don't have any business sticking my nose where it doesn't belong and sometimes it sucks because I want to share my opinions but its not my place to.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 7:14 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 7:17 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Its good that you care about your SS but also good that you know when (or not) its your place to say something. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 7:27 PM

It took us awhile to get to a place where there is peace between the two households. BM and I couldnt stand each other for quite awhile and it was very stressful all the time. I know me butting in would cause world war 3 all over again and I don't want that for everyone's sake.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its good that you care about your SS but also good that you know when (or not) its your place to say something. 

Kaseyrose21
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Please elaborate. I am a sm as well so I know what you mean.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 7:31 PM

It's abit on the personal side so I chose not to disclose details. Glad to know I'm not alone in the feeling though.

Quoting Kaseyrose21:

Please elaborate. I am a sm as well so I know what you mean.

DarksMama
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:31 PM

You could ask if anyone would mind if you shared your opinion. Asking would probably be greatly appreciated, and they may take your opinions into consideration at some point. You never know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I have told BM of some concerns I had in the past we just have very different views. DH knows how I feel and understands and he will most likely talk to her about the points I raised. I guess its not so much the not being able to share my thoughts as not being able to stop something I strongly disagree with.

Quoting DarksMama:

You could ask if anyone would mind if you shared your opinion. Asking would probably be greatly appreciated, and they may take your opinions into consideration at some point. You never know.

Sept-babies2
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:38 PM
You know..i also feel the same way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)