Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my girl wants to permanently straighten her hair

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM
  • 36 Replies

Mobile Photo

They have perms, do they have permanent hair straightening? I know a perm isnt really permanent but longer than a day. It takes her an hour to flat iron her hair. Its the little pieces closest to her scalp that are the most obnoxious. Any suggestions?
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on May. 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Blowout?

BambiF
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM
John Frieda has some products that i stock At work and are pretty popular.
They must work lol but idk personally..
gemikris82
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM

years ago, like over 20 years ago my neighbor straightened her hair permanently and it slowly started to fall out. she went bald.  but that was so long ago and obviously a different salon. but she had a bad experience. 

Ali32
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Does she have really curly hair? Maybe she can try to embrace her curls? There is a Facebook page dedicated to curly haired people that I'm on. PM me and I'll give it to you and maybe have her look on the page for some tips and help with learning to love her hair the way it is. 

PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Nooooooooooooooooooo! Don't let her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on May. 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Like a relaxer?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imacafemomer
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM
The pic is after an hour of flat iron but you can still see the little squiggley hairs by her forehead
MyahsMom
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes they do! It's pretty much just a perm without the rollers, so the hair gets set straight. I would seriously consider it if that's how much time she is having to spend flat ironing :( I knew a girl a couple of years ago that had it done and it worked great! She loved it! Just make sure your going to a reputable salon and seeing a stylist that knows what they're doing.
Rosesandlilys
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Does she blow dry it straight before she uses a flat iron?

MythrylHavoc
by Data on May. 29, 2013 at 7:24 PM

There are relaxers you can use but have it done by a professional. The chemicals are very harsh and if done wrong can seriously fry hair or worse cause it to fall out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)