Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I had coffee with my 6yr old daughter.

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 23 Replies
We don't get much time to talk. And when we do she doesn't tell me much. So while the ill ones are napping we grabbed some coffe (hardly ever do this) and talked. Here's the point. My dd is very sweet and kind but the kids in her class are always mean to her. So I have this summer to teach her to be a smart ass. She keeps trying to follow the rules at school and handle things like they say. "I don't like it when you talk to me like that." Not anymore. I have to toughen this kid up somehow. It's just not in her nature to be rude or a smart ass. So I'm going to have to teach her.
Kids are so damn cruel sometimes.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Good luck. :(
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Thanks. I'm putting her in jui jitsu also. She needs some confidence I think. If she wasn't so sweet I would not go this route. I'll still teach her to ignore what she can and take the high road. But she has to stick up for herself.

Quoting LyTe684:

Good luck. :(

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Bump
jbirdsladie27
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Good luck
nemo258
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM
We are looking into the bully terminator karate class for my son. He's 11 and the bullying this year has been horrible. It got physical with the kid pushing my son in the ditch and stomping up and down on his back. Finally had to call the sheriff and it has stopped for now. The sheriff told us not to confront the parents because you never know how'd the react. Its insane. when I was a kid you fought it out and went home to parents for an ice pack. Now parents will shoot ya
faeriemom1972
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I totally feel you. I like the idea of the jiu jitsu, instilling confidence is a much better idea than teaching her to be a smart ass, lol. If she's confident, she wont have to be a smart ass. 

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Well I'm not big on teaching this. But some kids are saying stuff like "I won't invite you to my birthday unless you do this." I want her to just come back at them. That's all. Let them know she's not to be manipulated etc. she keeps being so sweet.

Quoting faeriemom1972:

I totally feel you. I like the idea of the jiu jitsu, instilling confidence is a much better idea than teaching her to be a smart ass, lol. If she's confident, she wont have to be a smart ass. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Well, at least she is learning what will be a very good life lesson...dealing with bullies...

MalakbelLacuna
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:42 PM
My little girl stopped taking shit about a month ago lol
I'm proud of her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rphardwick
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I had trouble with my dd in kindergarten for the same reasons. She was being manipulated into doing things (like bullying!) because kids would say "i won't be your friend .." etc. or just getting flat out walked on. Keep workin with her mama, it will get better. My dd is now 10 and she doesnt let others walk on her now (that I'm aware of)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)