Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The lessons of life.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies
What is one incident from your teen years that taught you a valuble lesson of life, and why? I'll start.... When I was in HS I met up with this girl Gillian...I thought she was just one of the "coolest" people I'd ever met. She told me that she had been fully emancipated and lived on her own. I mean, how cool is that? 16 and you have your own place, you don't have to answer to anyone...it couldn't have been any better than that right? About a month after we met, she told me how her landlord had forced himself on her and that she needed someplace to go. Well, being the soft hearted person that I am, I went straight home and begged my parents to let her move in with us. After much cohersing on my part, my parents finally agreed. The following day she moved in with us. Initially things seemed great. It was like having the sister I never had. (I have an older sister, but we've never gotten along well, and were always more just two people who lived in the same house than sisters.) About a month into her living with us...she just up a disapeared one night. My parents called the police and filed an incident report, but as she was not actually their child, the missing person/runaway report had to be filed by her parents. The same day she disappeared I realized that a picture I had of the baby my cousin lost a year prior was missing. No one saw hide or hair of here for about 4 to 5 months. When school restarted the next fall...there she was again. Only now she had a story. She went around our HS and told a lot of the other kids that my dad had raped her, and that she had become pregnant. She had the picture of my cousin's baby and was showing it to everyone and telling them that it was her baby that had died. WTF??? So, what did I learn from this experience? That you can't always believe the sob story. That some people just don't care how their actions effect those around them, or that their false words can cause harm to others. Most of all, I learned that you have to really get to know someone before you put your trust in them. You don't just give it out willy nilly, it has to be earned.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)