Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear GAWD. We are melting.

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:32 PM
  • 22 Replies

We are in Palmer, Alaska. Well, honestly, just outside of Palmer. We're pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

We live in a weird little pocket. Where at the end of our driveway the wind will be ripping, but back at the house it's calm.

Anyways, it's 78 degrees in Palmer. (the reading is about 3-5 miles away)

and outside my kitchen window? My thermometer is 85. Eighty-five.

When the fawk did I move to California? haha

Luckily there is a light, light wind to keep the bugs away. However, being outside for too long isnt happening. It's just too hot for us. My daughter is flopped on the couch all sweaty. haha.... She's saving her energy for soccer later.

by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Really! I live in Missouri, it was 90 today and we walked to the library, its literally just up the road, but we still walked out there, I did finally have to turn on the AC though, didnt want to, but oh well! LOL!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 7:35 PM

lol, oh noes, not 85! If that's hot for that area, sounds like paradise. I bet it gets wayyy too cold, though.

Derpy
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Its been in the high 90's,almost 100's here.

-Legs-
by ShaDooBie on May. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I would die.

Die.

Quoting ahappymommy:

Really! I live in Missouri, it was 90 today and we walked to the library, its literally just up the road, but we still walked out there, I did finally have to turn on the AC though, didnt want to, but oh well! LOL!

Mittenmommie
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM
85 is just right! I love it hot..
Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:38 PM
It's 60 today. But sunny so it feels warmer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmthverana
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:38 PM
D: it is so hot here in Florida I hate it :l
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Just a curiosity question, does it not normally get that warm where you live? Whats the norm for up there?

Quoting -Legs-:

I would die.

Die.

Quoting ahappymommy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 7:40 PM
110° here today. It'll only get hotter.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM
It only hit about 90 today. We went to the pool this afternoon. The water is still cold when you first get in. That won't last LOL. I went to Alaska in the summer once. It was in Anchorage. They were having a heat wave and it was 85. Everyone thought they were going to die. Felt cooler than home to me LOL. Temp dropped back to 60s next couple days and everyone was relieved. I put on a sweatshirt LOL while they had on shorts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)