Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling all CM doctors!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I have a doctor's appointment in about a week, but I wanted some opinions. I've been having a lot of joint pain, it seems to be migrating. It started in my hip years ago, I asked my gyno about it at a check up and she said no biggie. Then it started to bother my ankle and knee. Had my ankle xrayed because it was swollen, nothing. Got a prescription for Prednisone, took one...it helped, but I didn't want to keep taking something like that on a regular basis. Anyway, now it's starting to hurt in my other knee and my elbow. My hands and wrists are pretty weak. I hurt all down my spine...which I have for a long time, I just figured that was life and getting older. Added in with everything else, I'm afraid I have a serious problem. I have extreme fatigue. I can't make it through the day without having to take a nap. I can't mentally deal with the kids, really. I don't know how to describe it, I'm not really aggravated, I just can't do it for long here recently without feeling so drained and exhausted. I took a two hour nap today and I feel like nodding out right now. I could sleep another 12 hours. I'm having trouble keeping up with the housework because my energy level is at zero.

So, I googled my symptoms and MS popped up. And so did RA. I'm worried about it, but I know being a google doctor can give you all kinds of results and worry you for nothing. Does it sound like I should bring it up to the doctor, or am I just tired and old? Anybody else have the same kind of problems?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 7:43 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Pleeeaaassseee

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Never Google that shit. EVER.

Just wait for your doctor appointment and voice your concerns.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

Never Google that shit. EVER.

Just wait for your doctor appointment and voice your concerns.

I know! I know better, but I couldn't help it lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 7:55 PM

You should definitely bring it up to your doctor. They can do blood work and x-rays to rule out Rheumatoid or Osteoarthritis and there are a lot of treatments that control symptoms very well. Are you seeing swelling of any joints, like in your hands?

I know you're concerned about MS but your symptoms could also be Lyme disease or Fibromyalgia, or any number of lesser disorders. And when you have pain, you don't get a full restorative sleep which could cause chronic fatigue. Bottom line is, you need to talk to your doctor and don't immediately think the worst and STAY OFF THE INTERNET! If you keep reading that crap, you'll drive yourself insane.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM

The only one that swells up is my ankle. It's always slightly swollen. You couldn't even tell by looking at it unless you're comparing it to my other ankle. It's also always slightly bruised looking. Other than that, the rest of them just hurt. My back always feels sore, like I got hit hard with something...but like I said, it's felt that way a really long time. I just figured it was due to having kids and picking them up and stuff.

Quoting Anonymous:

You should definitely bring it up to your doctor. They can do blood work and x-rays to rule out Rheumatoid or Osteoarthritis and there are a lot of treatments that control symptoms very well. Are you seeing swelling of any joints, like in your hands?

I know you're concerned about MS but your symptoms could also be Lyme disease or Fibromyalgia, or any number of lesser disorders. And when you have pain, you don't get a full restorative sleep which could cause chronic fatigue. Bottom line is, you need to talk to your doctor and don't immediately think the worst and STAY OFF THE INTERNET! If you keep reading that crap, you'll drive yourself insane.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 8:41 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 29, 2013 at 8:54 PM
It's most likely RA. I have MS and there's a lot more to it then just joint pain.

Just wait for your doctors appointment.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)