Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did your grandparents live to see you have children?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:12 PM
  • 122 Replies

i have one set of living granparents(my mothers side) the ones on my dads side both died when i was 3 and 12

they have lived to see at least 12 great grandchildren

my husband only has his grandmother left on his moms side. shes lived to become a great great grandmother.

by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Yes, they are in their 80's and my youngest and last child is 3.

shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM

yes.  I also still have one great grandparent living.  She hasnt met my kids because she lives half way across the country, but is aware of them.  Ds met my great grandpa, we have pictures of all five generations together, but he passed on when ds was 2 1/2. 

DS took a trip with my dad last wek to arzona to visit my grandparents actually.  My moms mom lives just up the street from us, as does dh's maternal grandmother.

mcsmom1
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM

My maternal grandparents did. My paternal did not. My grandfather died before I was born and my grandmother when I was 7. They are all gone now.

So.Ill.Mama
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Only my mom's mom
Ber-Lynn
by Emerald Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM
My dads parents are still alive. My dads grandparents, my great grandparents were still alive when my daughter was born. My great grandmother died last month and my daughter turned three this month. I am just glad she got to meet my daughter before she died.
zoehopemama
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM

My grandma on my dad's side is still alive, grandpa died when I was a teenager. My grandpa on my mom's side died when I was 11. I still have my grandma AND great grandma on my mom's side alive. :) 

P.e.b.b.l.e.s
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Yes.  My one grandfather passed away when my oldest was 5, which was 4 years before I had my second.  All the rest of my grandparents are alive and got to see ME become a grandparent!  

My mom parents have 5 children, 9 grandchildren, 14 great-grandchildren, and 4 great-great-grandchildren

My dad's mom has two children, two grandchildren, 5 great-grandkids and 4 great-great-grandchildren.  

PEEK05
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Only one, who just passed in April.

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM

All are alive; but only my paternal grandmother has met them. My Materal grandma will get to meet them for the first time in July :)

Miss5ft4
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Both of my maternal grandparents are still alive. My paternal grandfather passed away when I was almost 18 years ago.

My paternal grandmother was a live when both of them were born, but because of her advanced Alzheimer's disease, she didn't know who they were.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)