Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh wow . He died. ...

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM
  • 401 Replies
4 moms liked this
So sad.

A few nights ago, around 2 am, the power unexpectedly went out. I've seen people on fb complaining that stuff in their freezer thawed and was ruined, others complaining because their husband was late for work the next morning because their alarm didn't go off.

Well my dh just came home and he told me the reason for the power outage. Apparently a security forces guy was leaving the base and ran off the road and hit a light pole and died on impact! They had to remove him with the jaws of life. The autopsy hasn't come back yet so they don't know if he was drunk or maybe fell asleep at the wheel or what. All they know is that he was going very fast. My husband is going to be one of the guys transporting the casket tomorrow. They are flying the body back to Texas where his wife and children are :(

I know things like this happen all over the place all the time so no one will think its a big deal . It's just so sad to me. It woke me up out of my sleep when the power went out. It's crazy to think that in that exact moment, someone lost their life. I didn't know that when it happened. I was just irritated and hoped the power came back on soon so the house wouldn't get too warm with no AC... It really puts things in perspective.

Especially living on a miliatary base where things like this very rarely happen. There's not a lot of crazy stuff that happens here. There's pretty much no crime. An occasional drunk driver or a domestic disturbance is about as big as it gets. For someone to lose their life due to something like this is very out of the ordinary .

It's def a reality check.

*goes to give dh and kids big, big hugs*

ETA: wow at the trash and disgusting comments in this post. This isn't about ME. Stop making it about me and have some damn respect for a man who lost his life. What a bunch of sick individuals here! Smh

ETA 2: do you people not realize you're a bunch of massive hypocrites??
You're mad at me for "not showing compassion" over deaths because I was scorned over others not showing compassion for deaths.

And now you're all doing EXACTLY what I did! Lol wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
halleys_mommy_1
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM
2 moms liked this
First?!

Ohhh yeah!!!! Now to read.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arabellas_Mommy
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Second?

That's sad. Hopefully he was just tired and not drunk...I think that would make it harder on his family if he was.
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on May. 29, 2013 at 8:21 PM

first page? i don't know why. just wanted to say that

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:21 PM
15 moms liked this
Kinda inappropriate on this post.... :/

Quoting halleys_mommy_1:

First?!

Ohhh yeah!!!! Now to read.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccarae
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:21 PM

FIRST PAGE!

ETA: This was inappropriate. Sorry 504. Hope all is well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 8:22 PM

first page!!

PikachuLuver
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:22 PM
poop
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Smh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 8:22 PM
First!!
Shit. First page anyway. Damn phone.
Could_care_less
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)