Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They play WHAT at school?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Yup, guess I'm joining the bang wagon of 6 year olds coming home with disturbing news at school.

My friend and I are sitting at the table when my son tells me about a game the kids at school play where they show each others their privates. He giggled and said "they asked me to play but I said no way you guys are crazy and then I told my teacher." I emailed his teacher right after. I didn't give details just said I needed to talk to her about some concerning news my son came home with and asked that she please call me.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Bump
PikachuLuver
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Seriously? Do you live in San Angelo Texas? If you are being honest why post anon?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I live in MA didn't mean to go anon

Quoting PikachuLuver:

Seriously? Do you live in San Angelo Texas? If you are being honest why post anon?

crazytexan
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM
That's where I'm from.

Quoting PikachuLuver:

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on May. 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM
My nephew was apparently playing that "game" in Kindergarten. :/ He attempted to play that "game" with my son. He's older and came to tell us right away. My sister didn't take it seriously at all and neither did the school. My husband no longer lets him stay the night.
SpiritedWitch
by Emerald Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Sounds about the right age for that. Normally not done at school though. Normally it is done while playing with other kids in the neighborhood. 

LilliesValley
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I work at dd school and we had a group of 2nd graders attempting to show each other their parts under the playground equipment. Nothing was seen, but it took an older student seeing what was going on for someone to alert the teachers. it just honestly was something we had ever thought they'd do. But the principal said it was normal for the age group, interest and all and to let the parents know. We did that and no further issues. We have since told the kids that they can't hang out under the playground for safety reasons-lol they just don't know for what kind of safety reasons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Overreaction much?  It is a totally normal developmental situation.  Kids at that age are typically only begining to understand that there are differences between the genders....and they want to explor those differences.

'Show and Tell' or 'Playing Dr' is not the sexual expression that indicates child abuse.....it's when it goes well beyond that, to simulated sexual events (oral, manual sex, attempted PIV, or PIA ect) that we should be concerned.

'Quoting bmw29:

My nephew was apparently playing that "game" in Kindergarten. :/ He attempted to play that "game" with my son. He's older and came to tell us right away. My sister didn't take it seriously at all and neither did the school. My husband no longer lets him stay the night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Really? Seems like something more typical of a 3-4 year old, not a school aged kid.

Quoting Anonymous:

Overreaction much?  It is a totally normal developmental situation.  Kids at that age are typically only begining to understand that there are differences between the genders....and they want to explor those differences.

'Show and Tell' or 'Playing Dr' is not the sexual expression that indicates child abuse.....it's when it goes well beyond that, to simulated sexual events (oral, manual sex, attempted PIV, or PIA ect) that we should be concerned.

'Quoting bmw29:

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on May. 29, 2013 at 9:49 PM
There was much more going on than a simple I'll show you mine if you show me yours situation. This isn't the only reason he isn't allowed to stay the night either. I'm not going to go into it but I'll just say that if he grows up to be a serial killer there won't be many people in our family that will be shocked aside from my sister and her husband.

Quoting Anonymous:

'Quoting bmw29:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)