Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did you personally research vaccine decisions?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

Poll

Question: did you research the vaccines?

Options:

yes, heavily.

a little

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 37

View Results

I am curious as to whether or not you researched vaccine decisions.  I am less interested in what choice you made, and am not really interested in a pro versus anti vaccine thread.  

Heavily would mean you have spent weeks if not months poring over books, sites, talking to professionals, etc

Lightly - you have done some reading and speaking to professionals (in more than just a cursory way)

No - you have done no reading on vaccines and have only spoken to the doctor about it  in a very basic way

TIA - you can answer if you want, or just vote int he poll.  Bumps are appreciated.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 9:36 PM

BUMP!

SaraD1989
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Yep. Still continue to research when I hear new things.
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I would say moderately. I did not talk to professionals but I have read books and read reputable articles.
liss.n.chris
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Same here. 

Quoting SaraD1989:

Yep. Still continue to research when I hear new things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes and no.  I got all my children vaxed right at birth and followed the schedule.  But I did read up on many things as well.  In the end, it didn't matter to me as much because where I live, there IS a decent risk of exposure to illnesses that are "eradicated" in modern countries.  We have a lot of military, foreign soldiers training, ambassadors, etc rolling through town.  So while I would skim articles, I didn't go thoroughly researching because I always knew what my decision would be.  In my life circumstances, the risks that come with vaccines don't outweigh the benefits.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Yes. I went as far as getting the insert that comes with the vaccines from my pedi. They were very helpful.
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, thoroughly. Vaccinations, the diseases and the organisms behind the diseases were a major component of my bachelor's degree. I'm leaning more toward biotechnology and plasmids now.
RoryPond
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Nope, no research I have other things to worry about
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 9:41 PM

The paper that comes with vaccines or the insert in the box?  

The general handout is pretty white-washed...and the vaccine insert is scary, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. I went as far as getting the insert that comes with the vaccines from my pedi. They were very helpful.

Val99
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM
2 moms liked this

The world is a very small place now, and people who just got off a plane from a third world country could be standing next to you at the grocery store in nearly every town in the US.  So i agree with what you've said.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes and no.  I got all my children vaxed right at birth and followed the schedule.  But I did read up on many things as well.  In the end, it didn't matter to me as much because where I live, there IS a decent risk of exposure to illnesses that are "eradicated" in modern countries.  We have a lot of military, foreign soldiers training, ambassadors, etc rolling through town.  So while I would skim articles, I didn't go thoroughly researching because I always knew what my decision would be.  In my life circumstances, the risks that come with vaccines don't outweigh the benefits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)