Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else sleep walk/ talk??? Df thinks I called him another guys name.

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 9 Replies
when I was a kid I would sleep walk quite a bit theres a few embarrassing stories I wont share lol the older I get the less I do it. I havent slept walked since my 21st birthday almost 3 years ago. Me my mom and my sister all talk in our sleep they do it alot Ive only been known to do it once or twice and only when Im extremely tired or stressed and I havent done it in years... df talks in his sleep and its hilarious. Well apparently last night I kept asking alex where the toaster was. alex is my little sisters boyfriend. He wasnt here. Df thought I was calling him alex. I was sleeping and dont remember any one of this. I do know that my dad was in the hospital yesterday having heart surgery and while waiting I was looking for a toaster for my poptarts. When I got home my sister and her boyfriend came home with me. I took a xanax before bed. Df was mad at me this morning cause he thought I called him alex. Does anything lke this ever happen to anyone else???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM
My daughter sleep walks 2. Shes always peeing at the top of the stairs I always peed in the fridge or a closet as a kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I definitely DID not call my df by my sisters bf name I was probably dreaming and alex was probably in my dream and I probably asked him where the toaster was. Although I dont remember much about my dream I do remember I dreamt I was in the waiting room at the hospital and most of my siblings and their bfs/gfs were there along with my df and all the kids in the family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elkmomma
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Yup.  In years past I had to put locks on the top of our doors.  An EX once found me sitting buck naked in our car at 3am.

AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on May. 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I sleep walk and talk. When I was younger my parents put a chain lock on the door too high for me to reach and I haven't done either since my xh and I split up.
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Did you ever notice a common factor in when you did it??? like stress or over tiredness or anything??? Idk abiut sleepwalking but stress causes me to talk in my sleep and dd sleepwalks when shes had a long day or overly tired.

Quoting AustinRonMommy:

I sleep walk and talk. When I was younger my parents put a chain lock on the door too high for me to reach and I haven't done either since my xh and I split up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Do you know what caused your sleepwalking if anything??? I think long days and being overly tired causes dd to sleep walk and I think extreme stress and long days cause me to talk in my sleep.

Quoting elkmomma:

Yup.  In years past I had to put locks on the top of our doors.  An EX once found me sitting buck naked in our car at 3am.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elkmomma
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I've done it on and off most of my life.  Usually it's stress related to some bad situation I was having trouble dealing with.  Parents & custody / Bio-mom no showing...those kind of things when I was little.  As an adult...well we all have shit to stress us out.  It's been several years now, but the last time was probably due to 103 temp.   DS does it now an then too and it usually happens after getting stressed out or over loaded scensory (sp?) issues.

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

Do you know what caused your sleepwalking if anything??? I think long days and being overly tired causes dd to sleep walk and I think extreme stress and long days cause me to talk in my sleep.

Quoting elkmomma:

AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on May. 29, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Honestly? I think it was pure stress because I did it all through school and all through my marriage and I stopped when we split. Apparently, recently I've been at least mumbling in my sleep and I'm pretty stressed right now.

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

Did you ever notice a common factor in when you did it??? like stress or over tiredness or anything??? Idk abiut sleepwalking but stress causes me to talk in my sleep and dd sleepwalks when shes had a long day or overly tired.

Quoting AustinRonMommy:

AScaredMomma
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:27 PM
I do all the time to the point that dh has to sleep between me and the door since he found me walking down the street a few weeks ago... but yes he's been called family names friends names both male and female and names i have zero connection to but has learned it doesn't mean much
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)