Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I took a practice ASVAB and got...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
32. I missed the ones about vehicles and electricity.

Do you think it's possible to study some asvab study books and bring it up to high 40's?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:41 PM
No clue. They'll hound you but talk to a recruiter?
I scored high enough for my mos so I don't have any experience with this. I'll ask the hubby and come back later if he has any advice.
waffa
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Can't help as I don't remember my score just jobs best suited for; medical, dental, and linguist.

it's a general knowledge/aptitude test; not something you can really "study" for, but you can certainly try.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 10:46 PM
I'm looking at the complete MOS and I want something in medic. Some say min score on asvab 91-95 but IDK what that would equal to with the practice. Do you have any idea?

Where and at what point do you take the asvab?

Quoting cntrdmom:

I scored high enough for my mos so I don't have any experience with this. I'll ask the hubby and come back later if he has any advice.

BeAmour
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Definitely. You can find all types of helpful resources to increase your score :)
nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I took the practice a few times and scored no higher than 35 on any of them. When I took the actual ASVAB, I scored a 79.

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:52 PM

91-95 is good enough to be a nuclear technician which is the hardest rate in the Navy (not sure about other branches) but trust me, you won't need to score THAT high for medical. Have you talked to a recruiter yet? My recruiter was the one who took me to take my ASVAB

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm looking at the complete MOS and I want something in medic. Some say min score on asvab 91-95 but IDK what that would equal to with the practice. Do you have any idea?

Quoting cntrdmom:

LizzyPookey1248
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:55 PM
I scored an 87 on mine in high school. I practically had recruiters beating down my door. I never actually studied for it though I just took it. I do better on tests that way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 10:56 PM
I havent. I need to lose some weight to meet the weight requirement.

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

91-95 is good enough to be a nuclear technician which is the hardest rate in the Navy (not sure about other branches) but trust me, you won't need to score THAT high for medical. Have you talked to a recruiter yet? My recruiter was the one who took me to take my ASVAB

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cntrdmom:

kris1stbaby
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:57 PM

yea, they have books at the library you can study

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Yes. Keep practicing. YOu can get in still. What branch. What do you want to do?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)