Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

proof that I'm overwhelmed and need help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I had a doctor appointment this morning about 30 minutes from my house. I got everyone ready, despite tantrums and headed out the door. My 13 month old was strapped into her caraway and i put her inside my fence while i got my 2 year old strapped into his car seat. In the middle of this i got a phone call from my 6 year old son's OT that she needed to cancel his appointment for this afternoon. I got in the car and i left. I was going to swing through McDonalds to grab some breakfast on the way to my appointment and wondered if my daughter would eat a hash brown. Then i was hit with panic, i had left her in her carrier inside my fence! Luckily i hadn't even gotten to the end of my street. I quickly turned around and got her. I just can't believe it happened. Doing this alone is just too hard. My brain is fried and it scares me that this was able to happen.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2013 at 11:07 PM

You need to check roll before you drive off and when you get back. Oh my!

waffa
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:07 PM

while that could have ended in tragedy I'm glad it didn't, and suggest you find some help with friends/family/a babysitter. Find someone...

I was a single Mom with #1 living in another country, but I found others' who could help when I needed a minute to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beware! Thar be trolls in these here threads. wink

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 29, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I left my son on my aunts floor once. I was dealing with baby daddy drama and walked out of the house. When I got back my aunt thanked me for her one on one time with him. Omg I felt like shit...still do 16 years later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM
I usually do. I just had so much going on at that moment. It's no excuse though. I never thought i could do anything like this.

Quoting Anonymous:

You need to check roll before you drive off and when you get back. Oh my!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I'm used to doing it mostly on my own, but my bf is now gone for the next few months and that will be the norm from now on because he is finishing school to be a long haul truck driver.so now absolutely EVERYTHING has fallen on my shoulders. You're right though i need to find some help.

Quoting waffa:

while that could have ended in tragedy I'm glad it didn't, and suggest you find some help with friends/family/a babysitter. Find someone...

I was a single Mom with #1 living in another country, but I found others' who could help when I needed a minute to myself.

SDarvasi
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM

*sits and waits for drama to unfold*

You know it will...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 29, 2013 at 11:19 PM
The positive is at least your son was with family. No need to beat yourself up 16 years later :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I left my son on my aunts floor once. I was dealing with baby daddy drama and walked out of the house. When I got back my aunt thanked me for her one on one time with him. Omg I felt like shit...still do 16 years later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 29, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I forgot to buckle the little one in yesterday, got 3 miles down the road before I looked in the mirror and saw him just laying there.  I pulled into the truck stop and buckled him.  I felt awful.

wodntulk2kno1
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Luckily you realized sooner then later. This should be a huge wake up call for you. Thank god she was safe but you need to start paying more attention to what is going on even being overwhelmed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)