Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding question!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:04 PM
  • 26 Replies
My Lo is 5 months old and caught his big brothers cold. Since the day before he showed any symptoms he has wanted to stay latched and barely suckling. He has his regular feeds but has a ton of in between ones now with just a few minutes of actively eating. Normal? He is my 3rd but the only one I've been educated enough to keep nursing past 2 months. I'm only asking because this is sucking up hours of my day of him just suckling. My house is starting to get a bit embarassing :/
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GabbyP.
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Bump
SSweetcupcake
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jade_Lufercus
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:24 PM

This happened to me, too. My guy was so miserable that all he wanted to do all day was stay latched on. I got by by doing light cleaning while he napped. I also wore him, which would help, too. He really just wanted to stay on me, for comfort. Also, when you're sick do you feel like eating a bunch, because I don't.

proudmama11212
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Just wear him he,just wants to be with mommy :)
GabbyP.
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:27 PM
I would wear him if I could but I don't have a carrier or wrap :(
My3beautys
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:28 PM
It sounds like he is cluster feeding. Which is his way of building up your supply. Or he just wants the comfort. And it's not a waste of the day you are tending to your babies needs.
inspain
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:30 PM

It's hard on both of you when the little one has a cold.  It's hard for him to breathe while he nurses, if he's stuffed up.  My DD, 7 months, did the same when she had a cold last month.  Lots of time sipping and snacking and then falling asleep.  It'll improve as he feels better.  

snowpeasmom
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:31 PM

try sling feedings.

snowpeasmom
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a25819955/how_to_make_a_moby_wrap_instructions_--_no_sewing

Quoting GabbyP.:

I would wear him if I could but I don't have a carrier or wrap :(

kmugs
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM

As long as he is putting out the normal number of diapers, you do not need to worry about dehydration, etc.

I would sit in a chair, get a remote, watch lots of tv and nurse him.  Yes, your house will look like a disaster, but oh, well.  Clean it when he is better.  There really is no better use of your time at the moment thanfeeding/comforting your little one.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)