Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gender reveal party

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:39 PM
  • 23 Replies
So we find out next month what baby is. Dh says I can throw a reveal party since we don't need gifts and I still want a party lol.

So....

How long after the sonogram do you have the party? I'm thinking of getting cupcakes that have either blue or pink in them depending on gender. And getting the tech to write it down so I can show the baker but wait to find out myself till the reveal.

Ideas? Tips? Pics of yours?
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I plan to have one of those with our next baby. I think as soon as I know what the date of my 20 week ultrasound is, I will plan it for that night if it's a Fri or that weekend. I plan to make homemade cupcakes and fill only one with pink or blue frosting and have all the rest filled with plain vanilla frosting and one lucky person will get to yell out the gender when they bite the gender revealing cupcake, lol.
PeaceMuch
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Good idea!

Quoting Kaybean:

I plan to have one of those with our next baby. I think as soon as I know what the date of my 20 week ultrasound is, I will plan it for that night if it's a Fri or that weekend. I plan to make homemade cupcakes and fill only one with pink or blue frosting and have all the rest filled with plain vanilla frosting and one lucky person will get to yell out the gender when they bite the gender revealing cupcake, lol.
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:44 PM
That's a cute idea lol but what if you make 2 many cupcakes and no one gets the special one

Quoting Kaybean:

I plan to have one of those with our next baby. I think as soon as I know what the date of my 20 week ultrasound is, I will plan it for that night if it's a Fri or that weekend. I plan to order cupcakes and fill only one with pink or blue frosting and have all the rest filled with plain vanilla frosting and one lucky person will get to yell out the gender when they bite the gender revealing cupcake, lol. I want to find out with everyone else.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

???? No clue.  I simply called people and told them.

iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Search on pinterest, there are a ton of cute ideas on there :) 

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Shoot, I was going to edit my reply but you quoted me too soon! I'm actually debating whether or not I want to find out before everyone or if I want to have the sonographer seal it in an envelope and then I hand it to the bakery. Not sure yet!

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Good idea!

Quoting Kaybean:

HaleyCovington
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Lol. I posted on fb if anyone wanted to take a guess. I had like 50 comments on what people thought.
I then just revealed it by posting the snip and snails quote.
Of course everyone who really mattered knew before the fb but for just friends and distant relatives I kept it simple.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

???? No clue.  I simply called people and told them.

ladybugchar
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I would say everyone can tear into the rest until someone finds it!

Quoting BraydensMama163:

That's a cute idea lol but what if you make 2 many cupcakes and no one gets the special one

Quoting Kaybean:

I plan to have one of those with our next baby. I think as soon as I know what the date of my 20 week ultrasound is, I will plan it for that night if it's a Fri or that weekend. I plan to order cupcakes and fill only one with pink or blue frosting and have all the rest filled with plain vanilla frosting and one lucky person will get to yell out the gender when they bite the gender revealing cupcake, lol. I want to find out with everyone else.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I found lots of stuff so far

Quoting iHEAVENn:

Search on pinterest, there are a ton of cute ideas on there :) 

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I would have to make sure I have a precise RSVP list, lol. And like I said to the mom above, you both quoted me before I could change my reply, lol. I am actually undecided on whether or not I want to find out at the ultrasound or if I want to find out with everyone else.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting Kaybean:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)