Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kids were raised with no rules

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies

My kids were raised with no rules. They are now 25, 30, and 32 and all doing great. One is a lawyer, one is a teacher, and one is a veterinarian. I never saw the point of being so strict. My kids never did outrageous things and we never had any real rules. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lenashark
by Emerald Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:08 AM

So if one of your kids punched the other one or got into something dangerous, you wouldn't do anything...

QueenAtargatis
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:08 AM
2 moms liked this
My kids have only a few rules: be kind and respectful to others and their property.

Good for you!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HopeJoyPeace1
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:08 AM
so your children were allowed to stay up till anytime day or night they were allowed to write on walls they were loud mouth off to you they were allowed to just skip school??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I discussed before hand why violence was dangerous and what would happen if they got into something that they were not supposed to and what harm it would do. Sure they had some squabbles but nothing that bad. 

Quoting lenashark:

So if one of your kids punched the other one or got into something dangerous, you wouldn't do anything...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Yep. They all enjoyed school though and only skipped when sick or for our "family days" where we would go do something fun instead of school. My oldest usually stayed up very late but he aways got up in the morning and went to school 

Quoting HopeJoyPeace1:

so your children were allowed to stay up till anytime day or night they were allowed to write on walls they were loud mouth off to you they were allowed to just skip school??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I grew up the same way. My mom had 5 kids and we are all producitve citizens of the world. We had rules like we can't detroy property and stuff...but they were very lenient when it came to most things.

mymanben
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Just because you have rules doesn't make you strict. There is a huge difference.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I understand that. I felt it was better to go a different route. I explained to my kids what would happen if they did and didn't do something. I talked about the benefits and the risks. It worked out for us 

Quoting mymanben:

Just because you have rules doesn't make you strict. There is a huge difference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)