Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you feel~am I just being overly sensitive?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Mil told SO that I am just using her! We've been together for 2 &1/2 yrs. mil didn't say anything when we moved in together, or even when I quit working to go back to school. But now that I'm trying to get custody of my nephews, SO's mother says that I am just using her. (If there is any question about it-yes, I am in a same sex relationship). Mil says the boys will be just fine in foster care and we shouldn't be bothered with them.
Mil is the type of person who is just negative all the time and SO says that she has no say so in how we live our lives, and her opinion doesn't matter to SO, but it hurts me that after all this time, she would say I'm just using SO. Especially when we are trying to give these boys a chance in life that they wouldn't have in foster care.
I don't know that I can forgive mil for this. How would you feel? Am I being overly sensitive?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
firespurity
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:44 AM
you're right to be offended. But maybe she is just concerned that you are asking to much of her daughter? Not saying she went about being concerned the correct way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Bump
cat405
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Nope. I'd be upset too. She sounds horrible.
shortycmlb
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Meh. I honestly see it as momma looking out for her baby. I'd probably ask the same thing and then drop it when my daughter/son says no. But it's a simple question. If she pursues it at ALL then yes, I'd be very offended, but considering you've been on good terms previous to this I'd take it with a grain of salt. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)