Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ANOTHER teacher arrested for having sex w/student with a twist. ETA w questions

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:22 AM
  • 62 Replies
This was on my local news. A local high school teacher has been arrested and charged with sex w/minor. The twist is the student is female. All I can do is shake my head. Why do schools keep hiring these women who are sexual predators? Here's the news story...can someone please make it clicky?

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Alief-ISD-police--Hastings-High-School-English-teacher-has-sexual-relationship-with-student-209518501.html

ETA: after reading the replies so far, I'm seeing that the overall all consensus is that the school is NOT responsible or liable for any teacher getting it on with a student. So I'm amending my question.
What sort of punishment should this teacher face? Do you think she will use a Twinkie defense and get away with it? Should the student face any type of consequences?
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BekahBrownEyes
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:22 AM
Bump for clicky
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:25 AM
So....the teacher is a female? And so is the student from what I gather.
Tiff_R_92
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:26 AM
You said " The twist is the student is female. All I can do is shake my head. Why do schools keep hiring these women who are sexual predators?"

Do you mean the teacher is female?
skittlefart
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:27 AM

*shakes head* 

what is the fascination of going after kids...honestly.....

photo a082e1db-a995-4db8-80a1-a6db5f1cf88c_zps2b4588d6.jpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 31, 2013 at 2:27 AM
I'd fuck her.
lilpep100
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:28 AM
That's the second one around here with a female teacher and female student, this year. Why are there so many adults who think kids are a good catch? Ugh.
BekahBrownEyes
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Yeah...the student is female. I just am wondering how this shit keeps happening. What kind of background checks do they really run on applying teachers? It's not enough it seems.

Quoting cntrdmom:

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:31 AM
It never will be. You can't account for the ones that haven't done it yet. Although I can't see a reason anyone with prior history should ever be allowed to teach. As far as that goes they dropped the ball. I didn't read the article though so not sure if that's the case here

Quoting BekahBrownEyes:

Yeah...the student is female. I just am wondering how this shit keeps happening. What kind of background checks do they really run on applying teachers? It's not enough it seems.

Quoting cntrdmom:

eclaudin
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:32 AM
2 moms liked this
Umm... I don't think the schools deliberately hire teachers who are sex offenders. Even with a major background check, if the person has never been caught doing anything untoward, how would the school system ever know? Still, sick. Furthermore, do these teachers really believe their actions aren't eventually going to get out?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)