Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Antidepressants question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Last week I started Zoloft. Already I am unable to orgasm. I know this is a common side effect but does it last the whole time I'm taking it or just as my body adjusts? Any body have personal experience with this?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 2:48 AM
I found zoloft decreased my sex drive the most. I am on celexa now and I love it.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 31, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Honestly, I didn't stay on in long,idk. Sorry not much help. Hopefully it doesn't last long! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 31, 2013 at 11:48 AM

YES. I still had a sex drive but could NOT orgasm. My body adjusted (I don't remember how long it took). I've been on it several years. However, I recently went through a depressive spell and had to double my dose and I was back to not being able to orgasm. I told my psych we could NOT do this dose long-term because it was frustrating as hell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Thank you. I am frustrated too and I really hope this doesn't last. If it does I'm not sure if its worth it to keep taking it. Of course it hasn't helped my depression/anxiety yet so who knows.

Quoting Anonymous:

YES. I still had a sex drive but could NOT orgasm. My body adjusted (I don't remember how long it took). I've been on it several years. However, I recently went through a depressive spell and had to double my dose and I was back to not being able to orgasm. I told my psych we could NOT do this dose long-term because it was frustrating as hell.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)