Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't try to make me feel bad for how I raise my son!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Me and my son went over to my boyfriends house tonight to watch movies. My son is 11 years old. I have been with J since November off and on. My son just met J last Saturday. I have stayed the night at J's house before but never with my son there. I don't feel that it would be right to do. My son hardly knows him and if we stayed then he would be sleeping in strange place. Anyways, J had asked me before we even went to his house if we were going to stay the night there and I told him no that we would go home after we watched the movies. I didn't think that it was a big deal. So when the movie finished I asked J to go ahead and take us home. He got a little mad but took us home. Now he is texting me telling me that it's messed up that I won't stay at his house with my son. That my son is going to have to get used to him eventually. He's not understanding that he has only known him for less than a week! That's not enough time. Plus if we don't work out I don't want my son to remember staying the night there with me. I don't want my son thinking badly of me when he gets older. It just really pisses me off that J can't understand why I won't stay the night there with my son with me. I really didn't think that it would be that big of a deal that I didn't stay. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
crumpy_gat
by No. on May. 31, 2013 at 3:36 AM
2 moms liked this

The fact that he's pushing it and making a big deal out of it would be a red flag for me.

momof4in29
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:37 AM
If you were not sure it was going to work why introduce them at all?
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:37 AM
Agree.

Quoting crumpy_gat:

The fact that he's pushing it and making a big deal out of it would be a red flag for me.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 31, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Sorry. Maybe think again if that's how he's going be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 3:39 AM

I didn't say that I'm sure we won't work out. I said if we don't work out. The only reason I introduced them is because I was sure that we would work out. But now I'm not so sure. 

Quoting momof4in29:

momof4in29
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Yeah it's hard to know sometimes just maybe try telling him until your son feels comfortable staying it's just not gonna happen if he can't accept that he does not respect your child

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't say that I'm sure we won't work out. I said if we don't work out. The only reason I introduced them is because I was sure that we would work out. But now I'm not so sure. 

Quoting momof4in29:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 4:11 AM

Yea it does seem kinda sketchy that he's pushing the issue of having ur son spend the night & not understanding that your son has only known him for a week. 

Quoting KristenFowles:

Agree.

Quoting crumpy_gat:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 31, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Oh my gosh people. Maybe the guy hasn't been with anyone with kids before, and doesn't know the " rules" about kids meeting etc. I didn't read that the guy wanted only to have the kid stay as someone's comment made it sound.

O.P.  before you question your relationship with this guy, which according to you was going good enough to introduce your son to him, you should sit down and have a talk with your BF. explain how you feel and what your worries are etc.. Don't put the blame on your son saying he is uncomfortable, that's not right.  Also CM isn't the best place for relationship advice. Haven't you read the replies to any others seeking help? It's usually red flag this, red flag that, leave him, divorce him, oh yeah my favorite he is cheating...run LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)