Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else sleep jacked up?

Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I don't have any babies as an excuse to sleep jacked up. I've been sleeping the craziest hours for the last 12 years. No doctors have a clue what it is. I sometimes sleep from midnight to 3 am and then fall asleep around noon for a while and then sometimes I sleep from 9 am to 3 pm and other times I sleep from 5 pm to 9 pm and fall back asleep at 4 am. It's like I'm always jet lagged. I've tried melatonin, sleep pills, light therapy. Is there anyone else like this? It's made it pretty hard to function. I have to work at home cuz I can't work a set schedule! The best thing I can find is a small group on Facebook who sleeps like me and the disorder is called DSPS. None of the doctors around me are educated at sleep disorders nor have they heard of it. The people in the group who have doctors who confirm the diagnosis have said there is no cure. It sucks! I'm lucky my kids are older and pretty self sufficient now and it hasn't been so hard with my DH. He has seen me go from sleeping normal when we first met to how I sleep now. He can't understand how it happened but he knows when I tried to fix my sleeping at first I would lay in bed for 5 or 6 hours praying for sleep and it never came. This went on for years. I finally got sick of fighting it when it went on for years and so I just sleep whenever my body lets me.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 4:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Mary on May. 31, 2013 at 4:45 AM
I'm fixing to have to 180 my sleep schedule schedule so mine is gonna be super jacked.
by Mimmie on May. 31, 2013 at 6:02 AM

Mine has been like that my whole life I just dealt with it. My job is to work overnights so that has helped me a lot because my sleep pattern is horrendous. Ill stay awake and then I go to sleep at like 3am till 4am (I scheduled my lunch break around that time because of it. ) Then I stay up until 5pm and lay back down till 11pm but I never full fall asleep maybe for an hour or two then I just stare at the walls. I take ambien now its ok just makes me groggy and I only take half of the pill. I have no idea what it is either I cant sleep past 6am to save my life. Hopefully you find something that helps when you do let me know lol.

by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine is has been most of my life. I don't reach the full levels of sleep to me it's more of an obligation than a need
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Yes. I've always had sleep issues and as a child I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. As an adult I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Insulin Resistance. From what I hear the insulin resistance can cause insomnia/interrupted sleep so I take Metformin which helps sometimes, but not always. I sleep from about 6am to noon most of the time and then nap from 5pm to 9pm. Docs say I'm getting my sleep in just at odd times that aren't conducive to a regular work schedule. It's annoying.

by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 6:48 AM

I have sleep issues too. Sometimes I can't sleep due to waking up with anxiety. I'm hooked on ambien for ten yrs now .

by Blake on May. 31, 2013 at 6:49 AM
I sleep from 7am to 2pm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Yes I sleep when SO at work and be up when he sleep at night

by Anonymous 3 on May. 31, 2013 at 6:50 AM
That sounds like me . I fall asleep at 9 or 10 and up at 2 or 3 and have to take a nap around 7 or 8 . I works from home .
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 6:51 AM

My sleep has always been jacked up. Especially with my ever changing work hours. 5:30pm-1:30am... 1pm-9pm... 6am-2pm...

Even before working for this company, however, I would find myself on the oddest schedules. I don't think I ever get uninterrupted sleep. I nap for a couple hours more than anything. My best game plan has always been "sleep when you can, while you can."

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in where nature may heal and cheer and give strength to the body and soul.

by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:56 AM
I have struggled with insomnia. Before DS I could take lunesta for a couple of nights to knock myself back into a normal sleep pattern. But I won't take now.

You sound like my mom. This is what they told her to do. Start trying to move bedtime by 15-30 mins. Once you have that set, move again. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)