Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleeping in separate rooms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies
I can't stand to sleep anywhere my SO. He snores so bad that I can't even process thought when I'm near him! If he falls asleep on the couch then I either have to deal with it or I get run out of the LR. Anyone else deal with this?

Wow, less than 30 replies and this got featured!!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 6:55 AM
2 moms liked this

yep, and it was separate rooms for us too, til dh FINALLY  got himself diagnosed with sleep apnea, got a CPAP machine, and no longer keeps me up snoring....snoring like that is really bad for the body as not enough oxygen gets into the bloodstream...makes for a tired person the next day, and a grumpy one too

tammeee3
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 6:56 AM
2 moms liked this
My husban is the same way.. his snoring could be heard in another room.. he went for a sleep test and has sleep apnea.. he now has a c Pap machine... and know snoring if he wears it.... btw ..it was all covered by insurance...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 31, 2013 at 6:59 AM
When he's home he sleeps on the couch because we have a full size bed and the last time we slept together I busted his lip open. He refuses to share a bed with me until we can afford a king. I'm also the snorer lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 7:06 AM
He was diagnosed with sleep apnea as a baby and it was this way all through his childhood. What is a CPAP machine??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Oh he's a grumpy one, alright. Granted, he works a lot. But he's overly grumpy. Maybe this has something to do with it?

Quoting Anonymous:

yep, and it was separate rooms for us too, til dh FINALLY  got himself diagnosed with sleep apnea, got a CPAP machine, and no longer keeps me up snoring....snoring like that is really bad for the body as not enough oxygen gets into the bloodstream...makes for a tired person the next day, and a grumpy one too

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 7:12 AM

probably has everything to do with it...if you don't get enough oxygen during the nite, your body is depleted during the day, overworking itself to adjust to less oxygen, which means less oxygen carried to the brain and all other body parts as well...it's especially hard on  the heart, to let something like that go...can lend itself to a heart attack while sleeping

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh he's a grumpy one, alright. Granted, he works a lot. But he's overly grumpy. Maybe this has something to do with it?

Quoting Anonymous:

mom2priceboys
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:13 AM

hubs and son both like that some nights it si such a nice choir lol well, took care of one, hubs is in jail, they can deal with it!! He refused to get a cpp machine and sons did sleep study last month ith the results howing that his is neurological not construction issue so IDK what the plan is on that issue till Dr appt monday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Well now this has me scared to death, I had no idea sleep apnea was as serious as that and I don't know why he never took his diagnosis as serious as it is. I'll have a talk with him when he gets home later. What does a CPAP machine do?

Quoting Anonymous:

probably has everything to do with it...if you don't get enough oxygen during the nite, your body is depleted during the day, overworking itself to adjust to less oxygen, which means less oxygen carried to the brain and all other body parts as well...it's especially hard on  the heart, to let something like that go...can lend itself to a heart attack while sleeping

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 7:47 AM

its a machine with a face mask he wears at nite to force air into him, and keep him breathing regular...it's quiet, no noise, so it won't keep you up either....what a blessing it was when my dh got his!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Well now this has me scared to death, I had no idea sleep apnea was as serious as that and I don't know why he never took his diagnosis as serious as it is. I'll have a talk with him when he gets home later. What does a CPAP machine do?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Talking about your DH and DS makes me think of SO and my dog. They syncopate when they snore, so there's not a single second that I don't hear that sound of buzz saws!

Quoting mom2priceboys:

hubs and son both like that some nights it si such a nice choir lol well, took care of one, hubs is in jail, they can deal with it!! He refused to get a cpp machine and sons did sleep study last month ith the results howing that his is neurological not construction issue so IDK what the plan is on that issue till Dr appt monday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)