Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I give him coffee as a reward.

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:10 AM
  • 44 Replies

My 9 year old LOVES coffee. He always wants some whenever we make it in the morning and especially on weekends. I don't really have a problem with him drinking it. Today is his graduation/end of the year program. He goes to a therapeutic school and he's worked really hard this year. When I went to drop my oldest off at school this morning I stopped by Dunkin' Donuts and picked him up a coffee with mocha flavor! He was so excited when I brought it home. My Mother thinks it is the most horrible awfullest terrible devil Mommy thing I could ever do. haha 

I just don't see the big issue. 

Do you let your kids have coffee?

by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on May. 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM

BUMP!

lenashark
by Emerald Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM

No, caffeine isn't good for kids. 

GOBryan
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I would say that he's too young for coffee. Coffee is not healthy, however, is it any worse than soda? Probably not. As long as it's not a habit, I'm sure one time would not be so bad. You should probably have him try tea with milk. It's almost the same and healthier. 

Kaydence2010
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I only let dd taste mine if its decaf. I dont like her having caffeine
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:14 AM

My husband has been drinking coffee since he was about six (it was more creamer then coffee then) We do what we call coffee milk with our so, he gets milk with some creamer in it on weekend day morning in his own coffee mug. Its just a tradition we have with him and its fun. 

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on May. 31, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I've read mixed opinions on giving coffee you kids. A lot of it says that it isn't that bad and I know that coffee is good for our brains. It's the cream, sugar and additives you put in it--that makes it especially bad. 

Quoting GOBryan:

I would say that he's too young for coffee. Coffee is not healthy, however, is it any worse than soda? Probably not. As long as it's not a habit, I'm sure one time would not be so bad. You should probably have him try tea with milk. It's almost the same and healthier. 

michiganmom5150
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Coffee is not bad, just the caffeine. It has health benefits. I would say as long as it isn't all day, every day, who cares?
dalbax2
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

As long as it isn't an every day thing I see no problems w/ it as an occasional treat.  Maybe add more milk to it.

ajdahd13
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:17 AM

No. Not the same. At all. 

Quoting GOBryan:

silverdawn99
by Jamie on May. 31, 2013 at 9:17 AM

my oldest loves coffee

it also helps him on his bad days *he is add*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)