Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this sucks no more income tax for us :-/

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
My husband started a new job this week making twice what he was making doing bodywork but the only drawback is he gets paid in cash so no more income tax for us :-/
Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Shouldn't he still report his earnings?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM

He still has to report his earnings. 

Tatiana7
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:13 AM

There is a tax that can be filed.  It's called 1099. He has to report he income and you bet your bottom dollar the business will send him a 1099 instead of a w-2.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Illegal?

laura_simss
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

He still has to report his earnings

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Under the table?
starlight91
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:13 AM

He still has to report it, if he doesnt and the company he works for reports it, hes in a hell of a lot of trouble oh and you are too, since youre married and probably file jointly.

Val99
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this

If he gets paid in cash, he must still pay income tax.  If the employer doesn't take the tax out and you live in a state that requires payment of income tax, your husband must do all the paperwork himself.  If you don't claim his income you can go to jail for tax evasion.

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband started a new job this week making twice what he was making doing bodywork but the only drawback is he gets paid in cash so no more income tax for us :-/

GOBryan

You are supposed to report cash so I don't see how there's no more income tax for you unless you plan to illegally report cash.

He would be a 1099. You can set it up to where he pays a little every month so that he doesn't have to pay a large amount at the end of the year. 

I wish I didn't have to pay taxes anymore. As a 1099, I end up paying rather than receiving everytime. Now THAT sucks. 

Mittenmommie
Yeah if he still reports earnings and you pay taxes on what he makes, you can still file taxes... Which is the legal thing to do.. The IRS might start to wonder when you guys all the sudden stop filing taxes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)