Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just face it! I know what I'm doing, and YOU don't!

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM
  • 4 Replies
My d.h. drives me crazy with acting like he's the parenting expert, and I don't have a clue what I'm doing! This is my third baby, and his first. He's really never even been around kids before he married me. But does he trust what I try to tell him about babies and their care? Nope! Never mind that this is my third one, that I've spent years babysitting before that, that I also pretty much raised my x.h.'s son, too, or that I've read just about every book on baby care and parenting, and that he's pretty much just playing the whole thing by ear, HE'S the one who knows what he's doing. Some examples of his ''expertise''; if a baby won't stop crying and doesn't want to nurse, just put honey on a binky and plug that cry hole! It's acceptable to give a baby as young as 4 months old soda pop as long as she likes it, one must NEVER let a baby cry for even a few seconds! You must drive yourself into a stressed out frenzy trying desperately to make her stop. Formula is healthier than breast milk. Colickyness a medical EMERGENCY!

Last night, he fed the baby, (now 13 months old), some of his corn chips. It was too crunchy for her and was irritating her gag reflex, and she started coughing and gagging, so I calmly started trying to sweep the corn chip remnants out of her mouth, d.h., meanwhile, is just freaking OUT, yelling at me to stop and trying to push my hands out of the way, because he was going to pick her up and perform the Heimlich maneuver! Then she just puked out the corn chips before he could do anything, thank goodness! I'm scared to think how he'd take care of her without me. I try to tell him I know what I'm doing, but he doesn't seem to trust a thing I say or do with her.
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
loisl25
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Bump
loisl25
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Bump!
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Well, good luck with that. Sorry mama.

loisl25
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Thanks. I couldn't believe he wanted to do the Heimlich.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Well, good luck with that. Sorry mama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)