Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am about to tell my family to go to hell

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:48 AM
  • 28 Replies

My mother, father, brother, SIL live within 10 minutes of my house yet I am always coming over to my mothers. I can stay at my house all week or longer and they wont come over but they will ask when I am coming over. They have only been over a hand full of times in the 3 years we have lived there. I asked her if I could come over so I could get some work done on these pictures I took a few days ago. I had to pack in my son, diaper bag, laptop bag and a back pack. Like always no one came out to help, no one helped open the doors so I could get into the house. Now she is complaining about how many diapers I have, she is asking me to do this and that. I have my nephew beside me asking to play. They know I am working so why wont they help me! My inlaws in Kentucky always helped me do everything (sometimes too much). My mom is always "help others like you would want them to help you" ummmm really mom??

Only one problem with moving, there is a shortage in IT in Kentucky. Thats why hubby moved up here to PA

by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifeglow
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:54 AM
yea....my mom is the same way but my in laws in florida are amazing they help me out with everything. They are such good people, i love tem more than my own family lol
MrsBridges19
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Haha I'm the other way around.  Unless it benifited my in-laws in some way, they didn't want to help.  That's why we no longer see them.  Well, that and other reasons.

JRSMOM0621
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I am starting to wish I had let my husband move us down to Kentucky but I made us stay here. He has a great IT job that he loves doing, and I really did not want to hear it from my mother the rest of our lives

Quoting lifeglow:

yea....my mom is the same way but my in laws in florida are amazing they help me out with everything. They are such good people, i love tem more than my own family lol

JRSMOM0621
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I am so ready to cut ties with my family. I am to my last point with them

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Haha I'm the other way around.  Unless it benifited my in-laws in some way, they didn't want to help.  That's why we no longer see them.  Well, that and other reasons.

lifeglow
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I basically already have. I only have a couple things stopping me.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting MrsBridges19:

lifeglow
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:05 AM
o crap i quoted te wrong one lol

Quoting lifeglow:

I basically already have. I only have a couple things stopping me.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting MrsBridges19:

lifeglow
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I would talk to him about it. I would ask him if he would still consider moving. You never know what he could say :)

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

I am starting to wish I had let my husband move us down to Kentucky but I made us stay here. He has a great IT job that he loves doing, and I really did not want to hear it from my mother the rest of our lives

Quoting lifeglow:

lexiloo714
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:09 AM
So why go over there? Why not work on your project at your house?
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:10 AM

this is why I have very little to do with my family!!

they always expect me to do for them, but when I need help its fuck you-do it yourself!

And believe me-once I moved in with my man-they wanted NOTHING to do with  me because i was "never around for them"

so I live my life freely :)

MrsBridges19
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Well, in our case, we decided it was much safer to.  I did it for my children.  They are a lot healthier now.  Not only did his in-laws smoke around my newborn infant premie babies, but just other things that I could not agree with.  Hubby's mother is a bit.... crazy to say the least.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)