Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question, not trying to start crap, but why is a single father with custody of kids a deal breaker?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:50 AM
  • 72 Replies

I was reading the post about what would you do if your kids hated the guy you were dating kids, and noticed a few posts that said if he had kids it was a deal breaker. Why? Why is that a deal breaker?

by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
staceysgorbach
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I guess for the same reasons a man wouldn't date someone with kids. Don't want kids,too selfish to share time,drama......
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on May. 31, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I just don't want to and never will
Luna091306
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Probably because they don't want the drama. I'm just guessing. My dh has four children with his ex-wife but they live primarily with their mother. It can be difficult at times. I have a dd from a previous relationship as well but I swear I get sucked into more drama and issues with his ex than I do my own. I try to stay out of it but unfortunately it's not always possible.

Luna091306
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I will also say if things ever went sour with my dh I will never date another man with kids. I'm not sure I would seriously date anyone until my kids are grown, honestly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Let me tell you a little story lol:

I dated a single father who had custody of his two children, the mother was gone. He had a boy and a girl, both in school, but ONLY my daughter (who was MUCH younger) was potty trained. Shit. Was. Everywhere. As in his kids piss/shit all over my home 24/7. They broke my dd's things, they screamed, they cried, they whined, and they shit. That was it. The boy had some obvious mental issues but my ex didn't believe in doctors and refused to take the kids in for any reason.

The boy would reach for something, we would tell him no. He would go back over and over and over again. We would then try redirection, it didn't phase him. He would then get a spanking. Immediately after getting the spanking he went back to whatever it was that he wanted. He would THEN be put in his room. He would sneak out over and over and over again, trying to get it. In the middle of the night we'd find him on top of the fridge even, NOTHING stopped him from getting what he wanted. 

Towards the end of the relationship I wanted to off myself. NEVER again!!

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on May. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM
I don't like kids. I wouldn't be in a relationship where I had to deal with someone else's kids so much.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Not interested in dealing with that crap. UNLESS the kids were grown, and I have to say that now because I am getting old and it applies : (

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

i think its rather silly myself, he is willing to date you...a woman with kids. whats the difference? why is your drama special?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Because they expect someone to fall in love with their kids, even though they aren't capable of doing the same.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Idk, I don't think it is. My sister just married a man who has full custody of his 2 kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)