Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this religion ok to bash?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 75 Replies
1 mom liked this

Since it debate religion week on CM. How about scientologists? I think they are fucking nuts. And also, dangerous nut jobs! I've been reading up on it, which is difficult because they claim that a lot of this stuff people say or write isn't true, but then they copyright all of the writings, and sue the people for copyright infringement. The "church" of scientology is filthy rich, and they will sue anybody who criticizes them. I was reading about a woman with a gazillion PHDs in religion, and she wrote a book about scientology. They sued her and won, based on copyright laws, and basically bankrupted her.

And the weird crap they believe? Don't get me started! WHOAAA! Several countries have banned the "religion" calling it a dangerous cult. Others label it a business and don't give them tax exempt status. They have different levels that you can reach in their "worship", but the levels are sooooo expensive, you have to either be rich, or agree to indentured servitude (basically slavery) in order to reach them.

I'm still reading....but my god. I feel scared just writing this. A lot of people have likened them to the mafia.

What do you think about scientologists?

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Djinn83
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:28 AM

bump

momma2mms
by Kristin on May. 31, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I think they are a  very wealthy and dangerous group.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 31, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Yes. All religions are ok to bash.

Scientology is stupid and I can't believe people actually buy into it.

LectioDivina
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:31 AM

They're not.

I have a lot of scientologist friends...warm, kind, friendly people that will go out of their way to help you if you need it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM
They're a bunch of crazy weirdos. I mean just look at John travolta and Tom cruise.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM

People bash mine, why not theirs too?

Toxic.Stardust
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I don't know a whole lot about them, but they seem pretty crazy to me

vvinkyloafer
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:33 AM
PRAISE LORD XENU
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LectioDivina
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:33 AM

And no, you don't have to go broke or be a slave. You have to read all the books, and there are hundreds, but there is also a library in many churches.

Sekirei
by Sevrsaxhtharxxa on May. 31, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Evil evil cult. That is one 'religion' I would actively try to get my family away from.... 

EVIL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)